i don't know if this is true but i have heard that it does not come with 3G connection as it drains the battery. i could be wrong tho.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
I am pretty sure the next meego device to be announced in september is going to be the ultimate nokia flagship. Dont fall for the iphone.

Posts: 216 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Switzerland
I never owned a iPhone and love my N900 but

a) iPhone seems to have bigger resolution (I would like a bigger screen as well)

b) iPhone has no qwertz keyboard which I would realy miss

c) iPhones usability is probably much better then N900. If Nokia would look at all the brainstorms it would be a match

d) iPhones here are at 40% over the price of N900. So I think to be fair comparing products you must also take the price into consideration.

e) having to depend on iTunes is not nice. But for someone who bought his music on iTunes never owning a iPhone or iPod it's a hassle to get the music to the N900

f) Just using the build in media player of the N900 makes you long for a iPhone. Has anyone at Nokia ever tried to simply add a song to a playlist. I still don't get it how its done. (I want to click on a song - choose Add to playlist - choose the playlist - end of story)

Regards Markus

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8844

missing a scrollbar? Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...tic_scrolling/

Add quickbar (ABC, DEF, ...) in the Contact App. Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._address_book/

The Following User Says Thank You to marktold For This Useful Post:
how much does it cost !!? i dont find anything new except for giving it some technology based names for its design display etc !!!

$199 for 16GB
$299 for 32GB
Qualified customers only. Requires new two-year AT&T rate plan, sold separately

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by mackan1 View Post
£199 for 16GB
£299 for 32GB
Qualified customers only. Requires new two-year AT&T rate plan, sold separately
with contract which costs you thousand of dollars per year.. again.

sorry it was $ not £ sorry

This was taken from the apple website
http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/

i did read u can buy the phone for $499-700(depends on GB size) on the website but does not seem to say it anymore or i just cant find it now.

[edit]
found it

"wish to buy iPhone as a gift, the prices are $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB). In CA, MA, and RI, sales tax is collected on the unbundled price of iPhone."
http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare-iphones/ (small print at bottom)

Last edited by mackan1; 2010-06-08 at 08:21.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
Delusional appreciation for Nokia's closed "open source" practices, typical symptom of Stockholm syndrome.
I wonder why you are here, it looks like you joined just to be able to complain about open source, Maemo, Meego, Nokia and N900?

The Following User Says Thank You to Arpa For This Useful Post:
"Iphone 4. It Changes Everything. Again*"

*NB: Only changes everything if you've been stuck in a dark room for the past 2 years

I love how they squared it off and made it look very much like a HTC device.

you won't be branded as sheep anymore because people won't know its an apple device.

god damn I hate how a company with a 7% market share has such a huge profit share and not one intelligent person sees how wrong that is.

Last edited by PipBoyBSOD; 2010-06-08 at 09:16.

But the most frustrating thing about Nokia right now is that they create groundbreaking hardware that puts others to shame but then have a shoddy SDK and no commercial motivation for developers.
Apple got something right. The gave you "enough" hardware but, out of the box, a better user experience and a platform that cannot help but move forwards commercially.
If Nokia would combine its hardware development with some good aesthetics, a user-friendly SDK and a real marketplace, the market share would change dramatically.
Nokia are frustrating to the point of absurdity.
I have been more or less loyal to Nokia over the years (a P990i being the most significant breakaway) and I love the potential of their devices but, without a serious change in the way they do business, they will fall flat on their arses in the smartphone/MID markets.
If they are only interested in Symbian feature-phone devices then they should bow out gracefully.
Come on Nokia, get it right. Just once!

Tags
can you, canitouchuthere, hear me now, iphone 4, itoilet paper, waste of money, waste of time, whining, worstthreadever