Notices

Hi,

thank you for this application!

I just read through this conversation and I am still not sure whether Pebbled supports email notifications or not? At least I couldn't get any notifications on my Pebble. Do you have plans to implement it?

Thank you for your answer.

According to the feature list at Github there are no Email notifications.
https://github.com/smokku/pebble

Email notification is in the works, but at the moment very spammy
(because its not just email notifications)

The Following User Says Thank You to smurfy For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the reply!

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
E-Mail notifications is waiting for a real deamon configuration interface, as I for once, do not want e-mail notifications, so it needs to be switchable first.

I was thinking about just writing a config file from management app and poking the daemon to reload. But I'm not sure now. I can envision some other apps wanting to switch daemon options.
Now I lean to exposing some settable properties on DBus and managing the config file by daemon only.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Smoku, Have you already been able to get Music control to work? And how about the "Pebble Dialer"?

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Smoku, Have you already been able to get Music control to work? And how about the "Pebble Dialer"?

Music player support has been added with some commits after 0.5.
The stock music player is not supported, but it could work (i did not test it yet) with the latest skippingstones musicplayer patch.
The support is based on the MPRIS dbus "standard"

I also would like support for pebble dialer is there the sourcecode available or other infos to extract the app-messages ?

I primary worked on the notfications and continue working on them until they are less spammy and can be filtered with settings.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
Music player support has been added with some commits after 0.5.
The stock music player is not supported, but it could work (i did not test it yet) with the latest skippingstones musicplayer patch.
The support is based on the MPRIS dbus "standard"
I've patched the music player, but it didn't work though
one of my main uses of the Pebble is to control my music

Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
I also would like support for pebble dialer is there the sourcecode available or other infos to extract the app-messages ?

I primary worked on the notfications and continue working on them until they are less spammy and can be filtered with settings.
sure, check out this post for the sources:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...08&postcount=5

Last edited by HtheB; 2014-07-16 at 11:59.

Nice, i really would like that .
My next internal todo was to contribute to support appmessages.
Not sure what the current prios for Smoku are but i guess adding an appmanager with support for different apphandler (pebbledialer, smartstatus, pebble 2.0 js sdk handler) would be good todos i think

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I am currently working on Music Control, as it is a concrete application of bi-directional communication. It already nicely refactored some code.
As for features my Pebble is already displaying what I am listening to. Next is song switching and volume control.

Then I plan to work on settings interface and support for "mute when connected". I will probably add internal interface exposing the proximity of the Pebble too, as HCI is so nice to provide this data.

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, pebble time, pebbled