OK, this one have short background story, so bear with me, please.

I've just written *very* important (as in important life things) and looong letter, using N900, via microB, on some textbox located inside one of pages that I hate from deep of my heart, but was forced to use this time. Yes, call me an idiot zillion times - I could have used LibreOffice, or conboy, or whatever, and then paste results to web form... But I didn't.

Of course, during creating of last sentence, some fu***d shortcut activated and turned "back one page" in browser. Due to amount of sh*t page in question is built with, using "history" to go one page forward again, haven't succeed in recovering content I've just written.

Now it's lost. I'm next to absolutely unable to re-write it (and in despair).
---

Now to the merit - if anyone know a way to recover those things I've written on N900 - via some kind of keyboard-presses log (similar to keylogger), I would be eternally grateful.

Heck, I would even assign a free pre-order of aluminum backcover replacement for N900 (as in project from link in my signature) as a "thank You".

It's really important stuff for me, and I'm afraid it's lost beyond recovering...

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
I feel for you. Ive lost too many things Ive created to lack of thought/backups.

F2K.

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
Damn me too (from then on I use Opera for all web browsing since MicroB is WAY TOO *****TY)

Time to move on. If you can't afford an N950, and don't know how/where to fetch a Jolla, then head for Android reluctantly, or you're stuck. Seriously.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyYan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
if would hv known how to get those text back, i would have done it for free

i my self hv lost some very important thing like that. i know how it feels.

at least your thread is bumped by me. hope someone helps you.

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Australia
Maybe it's still in RAM or VM. Don't know if it's possible but if you could dump the contents of ram to a file you might be in luck.

The last time I did something like that was 20odd years ago on a C64 with action replay cartridge...

The Following User Says Thank You to tullamulla For This Useful Post:
Well, X have buffer for 1024 events, so I could retrieve !ast 512 buttons pressed, at best (= next to nothing). It would, with luck, cover last few lines of my post asking for help

It seems that, as suggested wisely on IRC, get a good sleep and write it again. *sigh*. S**t happens.

That's why I always use Lazarus form recovery on desktop's browser - it's pity, that it doesn't work on N900, yet.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Tags
heeeeeeeeeeelp, keyboard, keylogger, lazarus, recover