Notices

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Is there a way I could get the Washington Post to display its articles in mobile mode in FeedingIt?
I'd think the easiest would be to make a script replacing www.washingtonpost.com with mobile.washingtonpost.com in all of the html files that are in ~user/.feedingit/XXX.d/ where XXX is the hash corresponding with that feed and run that automatically, or manually, before reading.
Adding a line or two in rss_sqlite.py to do the replacement there at download would also work.

@SaintGermain: I'll be looking into that shortly, haven't had a chance yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
Hi, just for Slocan to study and rest of the guys if this concern appears.

I think it was about post #490 more or less when I posted a problem that was happaning to me with the widget. It appeared on homescreen without neither icons nor feeds; just a 'beautiful' black square. I followed all your suggestion but nothing worked. I reflashed several times during several weeks, but after re-installing all my apps, the problem re-appeared again.
I think now I got the clue. And I am almost sure that this corrupted behaviour of the widget is related to the "Nokia Pure Text" font when it is set up as 'default' font in Theme Customizer. In my last reflashed, though I've downloaded that font, it's not as default font for the theme. And voilá! It now works perfectly. That's the only change I've done amongst the several flashing attempts. Now that everything works perfectly in my N900, I'm afraid to try this with Nokia Pure so cannot corroborate it absolutely. Just FYI.

I didn't have nokia pure text as default front but i still had the problem. I tried to set up it as default and i even uninstalled it from the x-terminal. But nothing fixed it.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ France
I found a bug

Flux is invisible !
Adress : http://www.jeuxvideofrance.fr/

Is it possible to remove the request of installation of Woodchuck for every starting up of the application ?

Thk

The Following User Says Thank You to slider5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
Slider5, it should only ask to install Woodchuck once. If you decline, it won't ask again. I'm thinking you might have some permissions issue with the /home/user/.feedingit folder. You might want to try to delete it, so you can start fresh, and re-add your feed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ France
I have no problems now.
Categories do not support accents (move a rss feed in "jeux vidéo" category doesn't work for example).
I changed "jeux vidéo" to "jeux video".

Perfect app, thanks !

The Following User Says Thank You to slider5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Post removed as poster was stupid and hadn't checked all possibilities before posting.
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

Last edited by dormant; 2012-09-12 at 16:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to dormant For This Useful Post:
Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Bug tracker has strange options for Hardware, OS, Version, Product and Component. Is that ok?

The bug: Can't add new categories.
Version: 0.9.1-6, Maemo 5
I tried adding new category while the first one, named "img", was selected. It renamed the first one and added a duplicate of it in the end. Now everytime I try adding new category it behaves in this way regardless of any category being selected. Removing any one of the duplicates removes all of them (including feeds that were added to the category before) and it fixes the problem (at the expense of of losing some feeds). Reproduced it two times.

P.S. I can't find a way to rename the category, are there any available?

Last edited by int_ua; 2013-04-06 at 01:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Also it would be nice to get rid of unnecessary writes to ~/.feedingit/logging
I tried chmod -w and here is what I get:
Code:
Sending output to /home/user/.feedingit/logging/feedingit-20130406.log
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./FeedingIt.py", line 1549, in <module>
    debugging.init(dot_directory=".feedingit", program_name="feedingit")
  File "/opt/FeedingIt/debugging.py", line 83, in init
    filemode='a')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/logging/__init__.py", line 1240, in basicConfig
    hdlr = FileHandler(filename, mode)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/logging/__init__.py", line 770, in __init__
    stream = open(filename, mode)
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/user/.feedingit/logging/feedingit-20130406.log'