Originally Posted by Faustino View Post
One thing Microsoft won't allow is the use of SD cards on mobile devices.. well at least not with any manufacturers so far. It will be interesting so see where Nokia stand on this in hardware terms.
nokia e7 deja vu? also no sd cards! nice downgrade -.-

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by alcalde View Post
They had no future if they continued to do what they were doing. Nokia could not produce a differentiated OS before the market would completely consolidate and shut them out. That option was gone.
errr... what do you think when will first nokia winmo7 phone appear to shops? exactly...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
@ ysss, if you look closely that puking guy looks just like elop. Maybe more meanings to it :P

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
Originally Posted by mbo View Post
"Welcome to the Third Ecosystem" sounds to me like "Welcome to the Third Reich"
Thank you for invoking "Godwin's Law" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches..."

"The Cake Is A Lie"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
I can't believe Nokia did this all in one go!
kill -9 qt
kill -9 meego
kill -9 symbian
kill -9 nokia_admirers
kill -9 open_source_supporters

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:
How are they fragmenting their product line? Would introducing MeeGo be fragmenting their product line? If not, then why is introducting WP7? Also they said they want to see it scaled down to lower-end devices, so it looks like thier vision is to see WP7 thoughout their product line, which is actually less of fragmentation than a Symbian/MeeGo lineup.
QT nuff said...

The 90s are over. The Microsoft conspiracies must end along with the "Soviet Union" conspiracies. Microsoft is not coming to get you. What do you imagine the CEO of Nokia is going to do with Nokia's patent portfolio? My guess is "use it", but I'm assuming yours is "destroy open source software!". I actually saw a post somewhere else suggesting that a problem playing a media file on openSUSE might be due to an intentional bug introduced by Novell on Microsoft's behalf to drive users away from Linux and into the arms of Windows 7.
Where have you been the last few years?

Microsoft is struggling in the mobile market because it lacks design skills and hardware expertise Nokia has. Nokia is struggling because it lacks software expertise Microsoft has. This is synergy, not two losers.
MS is struggling for the same reason they did with Vista, they were too arrogant to listen to their users, especially when Server 2008 was a product tailored to their user's needs but Vista is what they thought users would want.

Win7 is a good product, but rather then because of good marketing imho ppl jumped to Win 7 because Vista was just so horrible!

The thing is with the mobile market there is not really a vendor lock in terms of the OS. With PCs people mostly have to buy Windows, with mobiles they have a good range of choice all at roughly the same price (PC vs Mac, is expense).

The Following User Says Thank You to mahousaru For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dekin View Post
meego died even before hitting the shelves? lol thats funny as hell
Damn man that is not funny at all. It's depressing as hell!!! The vision of future technology has just changed forever, no hope whatsoever left for a really open platform for mobile devices (which are going to replace or be totally integrated with) pcs.

Choosing between an OS from Apple, Google or Microsoft is like choosing between a government led by Hitler, Stalin or Genghis Khan. But hey as long as there are choices we can still have the illusion we are free right?

I sincerely hope all you guys who find this funny to be laughing also when all the app stores are filled with nothing but millions of paid-for stupid games and mindless fart apps, or when your future "smart"phones stop working unless you answer an advertising questionnaire or when there is no longer a community like this one to share your shallow thoughts.

nokia played a cruel trick on us, I feel like I have wasted a year and a half of my life looking up info on their upcoming meego devices, I should have just quit when they announced going from maemo to meego, **** them **** all of it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ylaktor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I don't care about the N900, I'm happy with it and with this community. But I won't buy a Nokia device wit WP7, and I think not many people will do.
Wrong.. they will buy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xuggs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Nokia will be shaping WP7 so this won't make them just an OEM. Other companies are OEMs. Nokia is partnering with Microsoft. It's a collaboration and there's no shame in that.
Seriously, this is about the worst case scenario for Nokia. They totally crapped on their Qt strategy. They gave up Ovi Store to MS. They dumped billions of investment in existing ecosystem an Qt. They lost time. They became just-another-OEM.

Do you think they can sell that much more WP7 phones than they could've sold MeeGo phones that it will mitigate all this?

The Following User Says Thank You to jsa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Yes, it seems a complete win for MS and a surrender from Nokia.
All the gains are on MS's side:
  • Nokia's crown jewels Ovi Maps will be integrated with WP7/bing
  • Nokia's hardware experience
  • Nokia's albeit somewhat battered reputation

What does Nokia gain?
  • A huge loss of reputation and credibility
  • A market losing OS
  • Stigmatisation for dancing with the devil, and eventually getting stabbed in the back or swallowed up

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org