Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
Tried this morning some tweaks and something is still weird . I was thinking the n9 may be unstable due to governor that changes often frequencies and voltages so I set the scale_min_freq same like scale_max_freq , so the cpu will stay at max everytime . I also tried to set governor to performance but phone freezes immediately when I set a higher frequency than 1360mhz .

Device is acting weird when I am doing these tweaks , it's very laggy and it sets a frequency after I change the scale_min_freq . I don't know how to explain better this situation , here's an example .

current speed is 1350mhz
set scale_min to 1400mhz
echo 1400mhz 1.4v to opptimizer
conky and everything else still showing 1350mhz
set scale_min to 800mhz (phone freezes)
set scale_min to 1400mhz (phone works but very laggy)
conky and everything else showing 1400mhz now

I can repeat these steps for any frequency , I also tried for 1700mhz and it worked , conky was showing 1700mhz but I know it's just a bug .

here's also a video of how device is acting after I pass the 1360mhz with the method presented above : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H_bc_IkuOQ
A full reflash would help this ?

So far I'm using multiboot with nitdroid , inception with aegisctl and this patch

Last edited by Dragoss91; 2012-04-27 at 19:32.

The gui version breaks overclock in nitdroid for some reason.I took old version 1.4 and renamed it symsearchnit.ko and put it in modules/current and now its working in nitdroid to. i still use opptimizer_n9.ko name for nitdroid because gui version use opptimizer.ko.

Anyhow its working in both harmattan and nitdroid again

The Following User Says Thank You to Sniper_swe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Okay, I released what I've done for the user interface and what itsnotabigtruck did for the loader in the first post. There's also some improvements to the kernel module so it can unload properly (no more rebooting needed when updating). Let me know if I screwed anything up, this is NOT the same as the one some people were beta testing. There are quite a few changes from the beta version, please update if you had that one

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2012-04-28 at 06:46.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Thank you Creamy Goodness.

I will be donating!

Im right now testing my device @ 1400Mhz, Ive been running it @ 1250Mhz for weeks now. Just passed 1300Mhz.

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Finally stepped up to the plate and raised the freq. Running @1300mhz stock voltage and its faster at pretty much everything I do on a daily basis which is media based (internet radio, bluetooth audio, texting, emumaster and media player) all day at work. Device isn't heating up and battery still lasts more than a day. Granted, I don't do much web browsing so I cannot vouch for that. Thanks a bunch Creamy. Only been running for a day now, but the UI is nice and simple and no problems so far

The Following User Says Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post:
Fast report since I don't have currently time for proper testing;

If I use UI I can't get to 1,3GHz with default voltages, eg. when touching only the cpu speed slider, and my phone crashes.

If I just
echo 1400000000 1375000 > /proc/opptimizer
it still seems solid and I can't get my phone crashing with normal use. I used conky to check the cpu speed.

Is there a way to run the mandelbrot test from command line?

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Everytime when I overclock too much and device gets laggy and iresponsive the signal drops like I have no SIM inserted .

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
Fast report since I don't have currently time for proper testing;

If I use UI I can't get to 1,3GHz with default voltages, eg. when touching only the cpu speed slider, and my phone crashes.

If I just
echo 1400000000 1375000 > /proc/opptimizer
it still seems solid and I can't get my phone crashing with normal use. I used conky to check the cpu speed.

Is there a way to run the mandelbrot test from command line?
That shouldn't be possible, anything you do in the UI is passed to the sysfs entry exactly the same as if you're typing it manually. You can't run that test without the UI to start it, it's part of it.

Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
Everytime when I overclock too much and device gets laggy and iresponsive the signal drops like I have no SIM inserted .
LOL stop hurting it. I don't think it likes when you do that.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2012-04-28 at 08:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
What would you recommend us for a 24/7 oc ? I'm currently at 1.3Ghz with 1.28v, looks good so but i'm wondering if it's not "too much for long term use".

Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
That shouldn't be possible, anything you do in the UI is passed to the sysfs entry exactly the same as if you're typing it manually. You can't run that test without the UI to start it, it's part of it.
Well, just tried it here, used to OC my phone to 1.3 Ghz without any issue .
tryed to do it using UI and phone instantly reboot @ 1.3GHz during test, reboot also @ 1.2 ( but test ok ) while lauching ONLY COnky ...

But if I OC @ 1.3 using terminal ( with UI laucnhed to have opptimizer in the background ) everything is smooth and working like a charm