on the microb front, i too would like to see an update. i randomly get windows that start using cpu for no reason. it happens on plain text .txt pages as well so its not flash related.

could have same window open for days with no problem then suddenly goes haywire. some times just slows down n900 to a crawl, others it forces all browser windows to close which can be a real pain if you have a research page open you've spent ages looking for.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ In a dream
I would like:
Ability to lock screen in portrait mode.
Also the ability to use "conversations" in portrait mode

Thanks guyz

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to passm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
First, for all those "I want it to lock in portrait", there IS a lock function in the top menu (Orientation lock). It can lock in EITHER position.

I personally would love to see a new front-end for the calendar db that lets you set/edit events without the standard time interval drop downs. In particular, the existing one sucks at:
  • Setting alarms for anything but set intervals (30mins, 1day, 3days, 1week!)
  • Anything that repeats with a pattern more complex than "once a week/month/year".
  • Editing/deleting any entry done with another app and synced (vis PC Suite, iCal, etc) that doesn't have said set interval.

I honestly don't care if it's a totally separate app, or a drop-over replacement like Nicolai made for the camera-ui. I just want a reasonable front end for what (under the hood) is really a reasonable event calendar.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
First, for all those "I want it to lock in portrait", there IS a lock function in the top menu (Orientation lock). It can lock in EITHER position.
Did you try that? For me, on the "stable" CSSU, locking it from portrait simply puts it back in landscape.

The Following User Says Thank You to oKtosiTe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by oKtosiTe View Post
Did you try that? For me, on the "stable" CSSU, locking it from portrait simply puts it back in landscape.
I've been running CSSU for a while, so I'm in testing release, not stable. I know at one point portrait lock worked, but it appears it now doesn't?

Or, it may be that I at one point installed this hack, which apparently fixes it. Really, is it too much to ask people to do a power search? All I did was search for "CSSU protrait lock" and this was result #2.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
kernel 2.6.37, "just for fun"...

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ In a dream
What are you referring to.
I have the latest version of CSSU and orientationwise it simply offers "landscape lock" or "Auto-orientation enabled". It does not have an option for "portrait lock"

Which is the item to which people are asking for

Last edited by passm; 2011-12-14 at 12:16.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
is it possible to add "my contacts" qwerty to messages..??? its good in portrait mode..

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
maybe fixing the most repetitive bug of maemo (at least for me)

Well, after some time using it (it's really random), the shortcuts inside the desktop don't respond. Programs won't open. Even if I want to enter the Desktop Menu to make modifications and load more widgets, this will not work, and it'll only let me click in "ready/ok" button to get outta the desktop customisation menu.
Only things that work are the button for accessing the menu and the bar @ the right of the time clock. In other words, only the frames of Hildon. I can switch desktops normally but nothing more.
Only way to open an app is to go to the menu, search the app and click it inside the menu.
This problem not only makes the desktop unusable, but also makes phone calls and sms reception unusable because it wont report any call or incoming sms, but after a reboot.sms wont even appear if "conversations" is open.
alarm will not work while this problem persists (a.k.a. not rebooting the cell). heck it doesn't even work at the specified schedule sometimes, but if it sounds at the time scheduled you can't turn it off, buttons won't work.

all of this in one "little" bug

solution for this bug

complete thread here

Last edited by sr00t; 2011-12-15 at 02:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to sr00t For This Useful Post:
Conversations app in Portrait Mode

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bsdmaniak For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu stable, nokia n900