Notices

Hello, All!

Due to many requests, I have taken FBReader 0.10.7 source code from qwerty12, fixed a few more things, recompiled it, and committed it to the Extras-Devel-Non-Free repository. It is coming to -Free as soon as I talk someone into pushing it through the autobuilder

Changes:
1. Ctrl+Enter now toggles the full screen mode, like the FullScreen button on Diablo.
2. +/- buttons now switch pages properly, thanks to qwerty12.
3. Fixed a crash on exit that was caused by deleting the main view twice.

Enjoy.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Great. Would it be much work to port the current 12.0 version?

Originally Posted by fms View Post
Hello, All!
It is coming to -Free as soon as I talk someone into pushing it through the autobuilder
No matter how good your intentions are, publishing open source software in non free (without source?) should be always avoided, same goes for vultures eye. Since you can build it locally it doesn't take much more than that to send it to autobuilder, especilly when FBReader source was probably already autobuildable.

My 2 cents etc..

The Following User Says Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Great. Would it be much work to port the current 12.0 version?
Tried that. It requires implementing a ProgressDialog and a few other things. Not sure I am willing to do this right away: not much free time. Whoever wants the semi-prepared 12.0 code, let me know and I will make it available.

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
No matter how good your intentions are, publishing open source software in non free (without source?) should be always avoided, same goes for vultures eye. Since you can build it locally it doesn't take much more than that to send it to autobuilder, especilly when FBReader source was probably already autobuildable.
Autobuilder is down, together with Garage. Until Monday. I already talked to lardman who is willing to push the package through the autobuilder. Once he does that, FBReader will appear in -free. Until then, I suggest you direct your persuasive efforts at maemo.org guys to make them keep their systems running, with acceptable performance (i.e. not like right now).

The Following User Says Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Jaffa was asking for this one, and I can see why.

Here's a patch (http://qwerty12.qole.org/hefsbutton_...10.7-1.diff.gz) to add conny's HeFullscreenButton widget to FBReader. I dislike having to pull out the keyboard to exit fullscreen mode. HeFullscreenButton is a clone of the fullscreen button in the Browser, and it hides itself after a few seconds (just tap to bring it back) which makes it good for FBReader.

(And, after a few seconds: )

Caveats:
  • I don't know C++ and think C++ and Qt (which is why I love GTK+) can both **** off. Expect shitty code from me.
  • I've only included a string in the options dialog for the English language.

I had to make some minor changes to the HeFullscreenButton widget itself (hint hint, conny ); namely:
  • Adding G_BEGIN_DECLS and G_END_DECLS (as g++ will be doing the compiling); and
  • Stopping it from acting on window state changes automatically; I wanted to be able to control when it is displayed/not displayed as I added an option.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-12-12 at 12:58.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Petersburg, Russia
Hello, All!
Changes:
1. Ctrl+Enter now toggles the full screen mode, like the FullScreen button on Diablo.
2. +/- buttons now switch pages properly, thanks to qwerty12.
I've just updated fbreader from extra-devel-non-free and now have no ability to scroll via +/- and no ctrl-enter fullscreen... what i'm doing wrong?

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Here's a patch (http://qwerty12.qole.org/hefsbutton_...10.7-1.diff.gz) to add conny's HeFullscreenButton widget to FBReader. I dislike having to pull out the keyboard to exit fullscreen mode. HeFullscreenButton is a clone of the fullscreen button in the Browser, and it hides itself after a few seconds (just tap to bring it back) which makes it good for FBReader.
Thanks, I am going to integrate these patches in a moment. Do you by any chance know where I can get the original FBReader icons? The new breed of icons does not look very good on such a small screen, they are too detailed.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Thanks, I am going to integrate these patches in a moment. Do you by any chance know where I can get the original FBReader icons? The new breed of icons does not look very good on such a small screen, they are too detailed.
I scp'ed them from my now-dead N810, but http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...17-1_armel.deb should contain them.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
I scp'ed them from my now-dead N810, but http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...17-1_armel.deb should contain them.
Ok, these go into the next version of the package, together with the full screen icon. Any other wishes? (aside from sanitizing the config dialog to either be scrollable or sit in a StackableWindow).