Notices

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Well, first of all, thanks Cepiperez for the great app.
I've had this prob before, but I solved it, but I came across it again, and
I have no clue how to solve it now.
I uninstalled some apps form my phone, and there is always some libs going with them.
when i try to open the app form the icon it simply don`t open, and form xterm, it gives me.:

" /opt/filebox/filebox : error while loading shared libraries libQtmaemo5.so.4: cannot open shared object file bla bla bla "

So I knew it could be solved by installing the libq4-maemo5-maemo5 package, but this package is no longer supported from pr1.2 as this disclaimer says .:

" Promotion of experimental Qt based applications (qt4-maemo5) is blocked due to conflicts with Maemo 5 PR1.2."

Now I can`t find the packages, and my great filebox doesn`t work =/
I had it since 0.4 version, and it`s hard to live without!!!

Please, if someone has a solution, would be greatly apreciated...

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by luiscesjr View Post
Well, first of all, thanks Cepiperez for the great app.
I've had this prob before, but I solved it, but I came across it again, and
I have no clue how to solve it now.
I uninstalled some apps form my phone, and there is always some libs going with them.
when i try to open the app form the icon it simply don`t open, and form xterm, it gives me.:

" /opt/filebox/filebox : error while loading shared libraries libQtmaemo5.so.4: cannot open shared object file bla bla bla "

So I knew it could be solved by installing the libq4-maemo5-maemo5 package, but this package is no longer supported from pr1.2 as this disclaimer says .:

" Promotion of experimental Qt based applications (qt4-maemo5) is blocked due to conflicts with Maemo 5 PR1.2."

Now I can`t find the packages, and my great filebox doesn`t work =/
I had it since 0.4 version, and it`s hard to live without!!!

Please, if someone has a solution, would be greatly apreciated...
You need to install libqt4-maemo5 (not libqt4-maemo5-maemo5).

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
You need to install libqt4-maemo5 (not libqt4-maemo5-maemo5).
Ops, sorry, yeah you are right, my fault, I wrote it wrong.
But it's exactly this one that does not appear anywhere...
http://maemo.org/packages/view/libqt4-maemo5-dev/
Thx for the reply man

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by luiscesjr View Post
Ops, sorry, yeah you are right, my fault, I wrote it wrong.
But it's exactly this one that does not appear anywhere...
http://maemo.org/packages/view/libqt4-maemo5-dev/
Thx for the reply man
That's the wrong one. It's actually rather confusing with the names. The old dev versions were called libqt4-maemo5-XXXXX (where XXXXX is the specific modules they're implementing - core, gui, multimedia, network, dev, etc.). The production versions are called libqt4-XXXXX. All clear so far, except that one of the modules is called maemo5, which is where it gets a bit awkward.

Anyway, what you want is http://maemo.org/packages/view/libqt4-maemo5/ which is in the Nokia SSU repository, so make sure that's enabled and updating without errors.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Well, thanks man, I owe you one.
it`s because I wanted to install it from xterm using the package
itself since my only working internet connection is from my pc, the 3.5
network of my service provider is damn expensive.
As soon as I lay hands on a wifi, I will run apt-get!

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
Thanks for:
1. Autorotation;
2. File editing;
3. Compressing/uncompressing;
4. Custom icons (unfortunately, it's a program-specific setting, while in Windows the image is stored in the folder so that any program could know about it);
5. full access to system (frequently, after I purge a package, some config files remain behind).

Question:
Can filebox see files from bluetooth FTP server? I have a bluetooth server, desktop Linux (Ubuntu) can browse files on it, Maemo default file manager seemingly couldn't.
And osso-filemanager depends on bluez...

Of course, open source filebox (in Qt, right? add it to debian dependencies) is better than osso-filemanager which heavily depends on hildon.

So, could you start implementing bluetooth functionality into filebox?

And: width and height of images, memory usage of partitions, date of file modification, file size could be put into details sub-window. It's not always comfortable to read this in small letters below the file.

Thank you for the program!

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
How do you uncompress folders and which folders can you uncompress. I noticed it happened to me a couple times but I'm not sure how I got the uncompress function.

Thank you

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Malaysia
suggestion.

is it possible to show the original directory of symlinked item like midnight commander ?

Can you please add the possibility to edit the permissions of a file (make it executable or 777 etc.)?

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I would be really happy if you could add support for current icon theme. You could get it from /etc/hildon/theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc to know what the current theme are. I don't know how you implemented the supported ones.. but as all files uses the same name and are at the same place it would be easy to do.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Tags
file manager, filebox