none /mnt/initfs/tmp tmpfs rw 0 0
/dev/mtdblock4 / jffs2 rw,rpsize=1024,rpuid=0,rpuid=30000 0 0
none /tmp tmpfs rw 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0
none /dev tmpfs rw 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0
/dev/mmcblk0p1 /media/mmc2 vfat rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,uid=29999,fmask=0133,dmask= 0000,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8 0 0
/dev/mmcblk1p1 /media/mmc1 vfat rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,uid=29999,fmask=0133,dmask= 0000,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8 0 0
/dev/loop0 /debian ext2 rw,noatime 0 0
none /debian/dev tmpfs rw 0 0
proc /debian/proc proc rw 0 0
none /debian/dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
none /debian/tmp tmpfs rw 0 0
/dev/mmcblk1p1 /debian/media/mmc1 vfat rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,uid=29999,fmask=0133,dmask= 0000,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8 0 0/dev/mmcblk0p1 /debian/media/mmc2 vfat rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,uid=29999,fmask=0133,dmask= 0000,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8 0 0/dev/mtdblock4 /debian/home/user jffs2 rw,rpsize=1024,rpuid=0,rpuid=30000 0 0
cat: can't open 'l': No such file or directory
cat: can't open 'grep': No such file or directory
cat: can't open 'mmcblk1p1': No such file or directory

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by rwijnhov View Post
deblet.img.linuxrc
Alright, looks good - can I see this file?

You're welcome to send it to me in private message. Can you perhaps tell me how far it gets? Does it say "Starting deblet.linuxrc from mmcblk1p1", and then nothing?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Yep I get de starting deblet.img.linuxrc from deblet-file-mmcblk1p1 (mmcblk1p1 vfat) and then the screen turns black after 30 sec. and my tablet will reboot.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
This looks to be an excellent project, so far I've been very impressed.

One small problem I've noticed:I've been having some problems with the installer not properly creating a couple of .debs from svn- I didn't make notes on previous install attempts, but this time it was tablet-x.
Manually creating with dpkg worked just fine, but since the installer has already bailed on me I'm not sure if it'll get up and going or not. I'm gonna go ahead and build the metas and try reinstalling. I'm not at all python-oriented, so my attempts at reading the installer source haven't revealed whether the installer deletes/recreates the repo from svn...currently hoping not
Oh, another one I forgot about: cfdisk doesn't seem to work for me. I only tried it on a 2GB microsd card, but it crashes the installer. Manually partitioning on a *nix box and just skipping the cfdisk phase seems to work fine.
Thanks for all the effort. This is bringing back great memories of Intimate on my old 36xx Ipaq

Last edited by jiiv; 2008-08-27 at 23:19.

Originally Posted by jiiv View Post
This looks to be an excellent project, so far I've been very impressed.

One small problem I've noticed:I've been having some problems with the installer not properly creating a couple of .debs from svn- I didn't make notes on previous install attempts, but this time it was tablet-x.
I've just refactored the code so the package list / fillin list for the local repository isn't along in the installerdeb, but in the base packages repo (or snapshot), so you probably ran into a situation where (previously) installerdeb and nit-base-packages were out of sync
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
@stskeeps
Did you get the file i send you by e-mail?

Originally Posted by rwijnhov View Post
@stskeeps
Did you get the file i send you by e-mail?
Yes, I sent an e-mail back but my uni mail system seems to be malfunctioning.. Send me /mnt/initfs/bootmenu.sh

I just mailed you the file.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
How much trouble would it be to add a Retry/Abort when something goes wrong with the installation instead of just 'enter to close window'? It would make it much easier to recover from minor issues via ssh without having to start the entire process over again.
FYI, just tried to install the base again and it failed filling in module-pack this time.

Tags
debian, deblet, deblet bootmenu installer