Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
i think he means this
oh that one! ehm.... ehh... how do i explain this??

okay we added 1 last extra backplate option, but dont tell anyone!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
oh that one! ehm.... ehh... how do i explain this??

okay we added 1 last extra backplate option, but dont tell anyone!
http://media.giphy.com/media/2L4njaPawt3uo/giphy.gif
Well that's too bad because now I want two colour sets, which means two keyboards, which means two Jollas. The Black/White/BBS plus the White/Pink/WCF. And no common parts between the two sets. So basically, it means that I hate you.

(I'm really surprised toholed and diptoh are the same material, they feel so different in hand. Even tohkbd1 that you 3D-printed on your own machine, if I remember correctly, has a different feeling from the two aforementioned. Maybe the same material feels different depending on the 3D-printer being used?)

Last edited by Kabouik; 2014-11-28 at 09:12.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
OK, I got a new suggestion for you, just to give you a reason to redisign the whole thing again ;-)

How about making the base into a general purpose connector plate? Something for those who want to swap their TOHs often and quickly? The magnetic attachment idea is ingenious, and should certainly not be limited to just keyboards!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stefanmohl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Dirk, I'm sure you will make more units than actually pledged on the Kickstarter campaign. Any ideas of how many extra units will be made? I have only one Jolla so I ordered only one tohkbd2, and I want to try it by myself before purchasing an extra one in different colours (+ spare one in case of loss/break/etc.). Just trying to know whether that will be possible, or if I should take the risk now, which I'm not sure I can. :o

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Dirk, I'm sure you will make more units than actually pledged on the Kickstarter campaign. Any ideas of how many extra units will be made? I have only one Jolla so I ordered only one tohkbd2, and I want to try it by myself before purchasing an extra one in different colours (+ spare one in case of loss/break/etc.). Just trying to know whether that will be possible, or if I should take the risk now, which I'm not sure I can.
I'm afraid I cannot answer that at this point. It is now for sale in my show and on KS, but when I have all data from the KS pledges it will also no longer be possible to buy it in my shop.

From that point on I have to process all data and buy parts. Getting and processing additional purchases halfway really complicates this.

Of course I will make more than the amount of orders, but I have to take into account that some will break during production or are DOA. If all goes well I can sell some more at that point, but I cannot predict how it will go.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stefanmohl View Post
How about making the base into a general purpose connector plate? Something for those who want to swap their TOHs often and quickly? The magnetic attachment idea is ingenious, and should certainly not be limited to just keyboards!
It already is.

Since all files will be open after the project (when all designs are final), so you are free to make other stuff.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Dirkvl, congratulations on the €150.000 goal. Will it end on 300% on inital goal? We'll see...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robnas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robnas View Post
Dirkvl, congratulations on the €150.000 goal. Will it end on 300% on inital goal? We'll see...
Thanks! 7k away from 3rd most successful dutch campaign, that would be a killer!

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Still a little sad about no injection molding but it's completely understandable (what would happen with promised delivery dates? and venturing to new production techniques with no former experience of them can always bear unexpected and money-costing mistakes)...

While we're at it, take this! :
yellow base, black kbd, walnut brown
black base, red kbd, black carbon

When I order these two, I actually get four possible combinations which all fit together

PS: It's a shame about that 'mint' colour, I really like it...

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
For me it will be:

Backplate: Carbon Black
Keyboard: Black

For the Cover i doubt: Red, Orange or Blue. Probably Red.

And obviously my spanish qwerty modification if possible

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd