Is there a way to flash only the absolute minimum of the eMMC so that I can recover the data in MyDocs? After backing up with backupmenu the phone is broken and won't boot. Flashing just the rootfs gives me these squares.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Dongle Fongle View Post
Is there a way to flash only the absolute minimum of the eMMC so that I can recover the data in MyDocs? After backing up with backupmenu the phone is broken and won't boot. Flashing just the rootfs gives me these squares.
Never seen those squares, but if it's only a cosmetic issue and all you want is to recover your stuff from MyDocs, why don't you just plug the USB cable and copy your stuff over?

You could also do this over ssh if you don't want to use USB.

Thanks for your response reinob.
My computers don't recognize the N900 at this moment, that's why I didn't copy.
Can I use SSH if I freshly reflashed the rootfs? If so, how?

I'm trying to flash a rootfs with backupmenu installed http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=63975

In nokia flasher-3.5 on windows 7 32-bit I get Invalid FIASCO file header when selecting the backupmenu image.

I tried changing it with imgburn to a .bin, same error.

Tried this, same error. http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Maem...ht/true#M13786

Edit: I clicked further on the squares, apparently it was indeed cosmetic. Thanks reinob!

Last edited by Dongle Fongle; 2015-01-09 at 13:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dongle Fongle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Dongle Fongle View Post
Can I use SSH if I freshly reflashed the rootfs? If so, how?
No. ssh is not installed or enabled in the standard image.

In nokia flasher-3.5 on windows 7 32-bit I get Invalid FIASCO file header when selecting the backupmenu image.
A backupmenu image is not flashable with the flasher. The flasher can only flash the actual Nokia-provided firmware images.

Edit: I clicked further on the squares, apparently it was indeed cosmetic. Thanks reinob!
Good for you. Once you've recovered your stuff try to flash it again following the recommended procedure (a quick search here will bring you to the wiki page.)

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post: