Active Topics

Originally Posted by cloudstrife1ph View Post
if i were you, just wait a bit more for those dual core phones as it'll more likely to get honeycomb or ice cream (?) update...
Do you have any dual core phones that might be coming out soon in mind?

My only problem with waiting for another phone to come out (and my only experience is of Nokia here, so I don't know if it is different with other manufacturers) is that you could end up waiting and waiting for 6 months and then end up with a new phone that is great and all but buggy and seriously in need of up dates.....

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
i like desire Z a lot but in terms of speed and multitasking, Z is way beyond N900..

Originally Posted by kulas View Post
i like desire Z a lot but in terms of speed and multitasking, Z is way beyond N900..
Sorry, do you mean that the Z is better than the N900 at multitasking and speed or the otherway round?

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
if the n9/meego isnt released - the only viable alternative seems to be palm pre...the next one, which will probably be version 9 before nokia do anything.

this thread

Last edited by deadmalc; 2011-02-10 at 13:17.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
The dere z looks nice and all, but the HW is abysmal, seriously it is really bad. Motorola is the best choice. SE Mini pro with some of the other UIs than the default is also excellent, but small (somehow SE screwed up on the UI of the pro compared with he mini).

Or you could wait until tomorrow and see what Nokia really is doing, not what rumors say they are doing

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ NewYork
yea man go with the HTC has good build quality, see here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WFbW...layer_embedded

The Following User Says Thank You to deyons For This Useful Post:
I'm sure I seen another web site with a feature searching comparison facility... but here is another site that may help:
http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/search/extended.html

One of the problems i'm finding is that a series of other features also don't seem to be near as good as the n900, for example space, i think iphone is probably the closest one when it comes to space but lacks a lot of other stuff. I have truly considered a palm device with webOS but the hardware was quite limited, so I will not go down that road unless the price drops so much that I will not be able to say no.

I suspect the situation with n9 might be under review as other newer phones out there like the lg x2 optimus and motorola atrix would make the n9 look outdate. The atrix certain looks good as it has is own docking station and is literally nearly a desktop replacement.

Last edited by windows7; 2011-02-10 at 13:37.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2010 @ Wakefield, UK
I was playing with the Samsung android phone of my brother and I really liked it, up to the moment I found that it doesn't have a FM-transmitter and nor can I connect it to my tv...

use gsm arena for comparison of hardware.

You gotta ask yourself 1 question...

...does it come with xterm built in?

Frankly any operating system that you have to install a 3rd party task killer program just to make the thing work is an epic fail.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
I'm in a similar boat, but have to make a decision soon and it has to run on Verizon. What's the likelihood I will be able to dual boot Meego on a Vz phone available now and have things actually work? Are there any phones that would make that more of a realistic possibility? I know they have done this already on a NexusOne, but no CDMA versions exist unfortunately.

I'm leaning towards the Droid 2 global right now, but would really prefer a better OS.

The Following User Says Thank You to dylanemcgregor For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada blows, bada rox