Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
...64g does not have cyan/magenta color
It has the WHITE !

Thanks for the comparisons. I'm also considering an N9, but have to say that what I'm hearing doesn't make me very excited about it. I am looking for something that feels more like a portable computer than a smartphone (in fact I'm planning on getting it with a data only plan). Is it just the lack of a hardware keyboard that gives you this impression, which isn't a huge concern for me, or is it more fundamental in the OS?

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by dylanemcgregor View Post
Thanks for the comparisons. I'm also considering an N9, but have to say that what I'm hearing doesn't make me very excited about it. I am looking for something that feels more like a portable computer than a smartphone (in fact I'm planning on getting it with a data only plan). Is it just the lack of a hardware keyboard that gives you this impression, which isn't a huge concern for me, or is it more fundamental in the OS?
n900 will be perfect?
or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA08R0810005

Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
n900 will be perfect?
or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA08R0810005
I have an N800, and it is pretty much perfect, but it needs more modern hardware. N900 is newer hardware, but still over 2 years old now, and has too small of a screen.

I was thinking N9 would be the successor to the N900 and would be a good fit. I can live without a physical keyboard, but the comments and reviews I've read make it seem like the N9 is a step back in the OS department also. For instance I don't understand the thinking behind having the application launcher have such a prominent place as the main homescreen. That's something I'd like to be hidden away until I actually want to start a program.

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Go for it - the N9 is pretty awesome. No matter what device you get there will be some aspects you don't like.

btw, ordered blacvk 64gb n9 from amazon. will be here tomorrow. maybe some day ill attempt the cyan surgery.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by dylanemcgregor View Post
II was thinking N9 would be the successor to the N900 and would be a good fit. I can live without a physical keyboard, but the comments and reviews I've read make it seem like the N9 is a step back in the OS department also.
I though this could be the case too. but in reality I find the N9 OS far superior. In fact when using my N900 (or any other touchscreen) I find the lack of Swipe functionality to be a real pain.

both awesome, maemo ftw

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Get N9 if you want Maemo like experience, but in a better package. I have 3 in my hands, cyan favorite

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 vs n9, nokia arena