Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by timoph View Post
I think friday before or after the registrations would be good time to meet. how about if we go eat somewhere? there's a few good places to eat near the registration place (Demola). not big places though. so if there's many of us the eating might not be an option.
I'll try to leave work as early as possible on Friday. Maybe this train if people are willing to meet pre-reg: 12:30 Helsinki 13:56 Tampere Pendolino 87

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jnwi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Tampere, baaaah!

Can do Helsinki pretty much anytime thou!

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jnwi View Post
I'll try to leave work as early as possible on Friday. Maybe this train if people are willing to meet pre-reg: 12:30 Helsinki 13:56 Tampere Pendolino 87
That would leave plenty of time. We can meet at the station if that time is good for people joining the meet?

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Goddammit. Now I'm wishing I was going to Akademy. But I'm already doing waaaaaaaaay too much travel this month, so I won't be able to.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'm arriving at Helsinki Vantaa airport at 2:50 PM July 2. Still looking at my options to get to Tampere (bus, train, etc). A friend there sent me schedules and info so I just need to pick what works best.

See you there!

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
I've now reserved a seat on the train I mentioned, but I realized that anyone arriving on it would still have to go and check in to their hotel. Even so, if you're going to be on the same train or meeting us in Tampere, post here. It'll be easiest to meet early anyway imho.

12:30 Helsinki 13:56 Tampere, Pendolino 87
www.vr.fi

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
I'm leaving Finland tomorrow so I can't make it....

There are one or two Maemo/MeeGo developers from Nokia in Helsinki and Tampere. Once you have decided the time and place you could send emails to maemo-developers and meego-community, perhaps even meego-dev. MeeGo forum at your own discretion, maybe there are more Finns there?

To the guy of the rotten tomatoes: you should meet us somewhere at some point. We are not corporate clones.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
There are one or two Maemo/MeeGo developers from Nokia in Helsinki and Tampere. Once you have decided the time and place you could send emails to maemo-developers and meego-community, perhaps even meego-dev. MeeGo forum at your own discretion, maybe there are more Finns there.
I'll send email to the lists.

About the time. At least I want Texrat to be able to join so pre-reg is out so we'll have to do this a bit later. I propose 7PM since the registration closes then.

For the place I propose Plevna (http://www.plevna.fi/index_e.php) which is about 100 meters from Demola. There should be something for everyone (food, beer, etc.). I'm assuming everyone is at least 18?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
I'm also in , not sure when I arrive at Tampere, traveling from Helsinki on Friday afternoon.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
I'm also in , not sure when I arrive at Tampere, traveling from Helsinki on Friday afternoon.
Any chance we could meet up to make the trip?