Posts: 373 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Ottawa, ON
Originally Posted by mwiktowy View Post
I don't even see a spot on the Canadian Nokia site where you can put *any* discount code ... nevermind have it accept it as valid.

I am seriously jonesing for an N810.
Good news (for Canadians at least)!

The Canadian site finally accepts discount codes. Final tally for an N810 is 177.36 CAD including all tax and shipping.

Don't forget to click the "Process your order" button near the end ... it is not obvious that you are not done ... and then go grab a snack ... The Canadian site is dog-slow.

Yep, I just place my order on the nokia.ca shop. Dog slow, had to go through VISA's registration thing, but worked. See:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...d.php?p=128765

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
/me braces self for Canadian joke backlash...

Still the same errors using my US discount code.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
aleksandyr, ssshhh!! You want those Canucks gloating???

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
aleksandyr, ssshhh!! You want those Canucks gloating???
Shhhh, I'm trying to build up good will before I flee the country for the frigid northlands

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
/me braces self for Canadian joke backlash...
We've heard them all ... and made up most of them.

No fears, we will still have to wait for summer thaw before they can ship them in the less snowy month. So by that time, you folks should have them too ;]

Seriously though, how long does it take them to stick it in a box and give it to the purolator guy? Or does Nokia have one of those useful systems that gives you the tracking number right after you've unpacked it and have used it for a week.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by mwiktowy View Post
We've heard them all ... and made up most of them.

No fears, we will still have to wait for summer thaw before they can ship them in the less snowy month. So by that time, you folks should have them too ;]

Seriously though, how long does it take them to stick it in a box and give it to the purolator guy? Or does Nokia have one of those useful systems that gives you the tracking number right after you've unpacked it and have used it for a week.
I thought you had to get things shipped when the water is still frozen, isn't that how ice roads work?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
penguinbait, how did you get your N810? Weren't you waiting on the us codes to work?

Frank

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
I thought you had to get things shipped when the water is still frozen, isn't that how ice roads work?
That ice must be fast because I got my N810 at noon yesterday. My withdrawal symptoms are subsiding.

But it was within a few hours before the UPS guy came to my door that I got the email with the tracking #. But it did beat the delivery this time.

It was a long wait but worth it. Thanks Nokia!