Posts: 87 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
THIS IS GREAT

hope to see this supporting all the forums in future "Symbian version will push it hardly"

thanks

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
It might be this bug: http://www.developer.nokia.com/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=369
I don't think so, this one is about the application icon not showing up.

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
How to install this ".ymp" files ? Where I can find the .deb files for this two forums ?
The .ymp installer files are handled by the Apps for MeeGo client.
If you absolutely want to install the .deb files manually, check out this Community OBS repository.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Very nice app. I would like to propose an integration with the event feed if possible. I'd love to see active topics and new posts in subscribed threads in my timeline. Now I use rss for the same reason but it opens the rss app instead of forum-tmo.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix
I would like to propose an integration with the event feed if possible. I'd love to see active topics and new posts in subscribed threads in my timeline.
That's a great idea, although I'd have to split the forum code into a backend that can operate independently from the GUI for that.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
great work

Unicode support please?

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Another recommendation I have is that the home page is switched from the main view to the latest posts. Another solution is to have them both directly in the toolbar and the last one used is always remembered.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
I don't have an N9 myself, but actually seeing this thread both surprised and shocked me that Nokia didn't carry over one of the best features of the N900.

Originally Posted by et3rnal View Post
Unicode support please?
The forum pages are served with content type ISO-8859-1, I don't know how I could do anything about that.

Originally Posted by qwazix
Another recommendation I have is that the home page is switched from the main view to the latest posts. Another solution is to have them both directly in the toolbar and the last one used is always remembered.
I think at least the inital start screen should look similar to the forum web page, I like your second idea better.
But there are no good toolbar icons for "Forums", "Today's Posts" / "New Posts", and "Subscribed threads" - how about having a selection dialog when clicking the view header, similar to the Messages application?

Last edited by pH5; 2011-12-07 at 19:22.

Originally Posted by pH5
The forum pages are served with content type ISO-8859-1, I don't know how I could do anything about that.
Please ignore that, I understand the issue now and I'm working on it - I was sending percent encoded UTF-8 text to the server when I should send percent encoded ISO-8859-1 and HTML-encode non-Latin1 characters.

The Following User Says Thank You to pH5 For This Useful Post:
Seems that the app is not yet visible in the Apps for Meego client, is that due to it missing review info (or some other reason)?