wow, i don't know what that option does but my desktop scrolling is so ridiculously smooth now. i would hazard a guess (from the name) that it is using hardware vsync??

yeah, that option made my transitions very smooth..
I am using some good transitions stolen from Black Plastic Theme, wich makes the phone more usable, but it wasn't smooth, now it both!

Its a REAL SHAME that Nokia havent implement the video drivers correctly, it could make N900 more apealing and offer a better usability..

EDIT: Hope that this setting doesn't eat my battery...

Originally Posted by fuyoh View Post
you can also set

WSEGL_UseHWSync=1

in

/etc/powervr.d/hildon-desktop.ini
My N900 doesn't seem to like that at all It took ages to actually show my desktop after starting up and the CPU was stuck at 100% - or maybe the screen just wasn't updating. The touchscreen click noise happened about 5 secs after I touched the screen everytime. I had to ctrl+shift+x to edit that file and reboot.

af7567 - are you using transitions control? i have that and i configured everything to zero.

No, I am just using black plastic with pleego blue theme, so whatever transitions are with that. I just enabled the HWSync option again though and this time it seems ok. I should have checked dmesg last time before rebooting it to see if there was any errors there

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
i am having trouble getting transition control. app manager is telling me that it is requiring python 2.5. i thought pr1.3 is already running 4.7?

do i have to install 2.5 to ba able to install transition control? and will it cause conflicts?

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
use fappman and type in "transitioncontrol"

That does not resolve my question. As I said, transitioncontrol is only in extras-devel and I know how to use extras-devel but I refuse to use it (except testing my own apps) and we should avoid sending people to it, especially without giant warnings.

I was quite saddened to see the download statistics for my apps and to see how many people download out of extras-devel.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by droll View Post
wow, i don't know what that option does but my desktop scrolling is so ridiculously smooth now. i would hazard a guess (from the name) that it is using hardware vsync??
It may try to implement vsync, but if that is the purpose then it fails miserably as screen tearing seems to be worse. I don't think this option actually does anything...just my $0.02

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by fuyoh View Post
you can also set

WSEGL_UseHWSync=1
in
/etc/powervr.d/hildon-desktop.ini
This works wonders on my unit. Please others test it too and report.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
see above.

BEST "MOD" IN AGES

smooooth like butter baby
cant beleive it wasnt on from stock
WTF was nokia thinking?
Spose it is just a test device.......