Notices

Seriously can we stop all the crap about 'no, get an apple device' blah blah blah, all the same old useless junk, need i remind you all that the N900 is a platform which can be built up to anything, and there is a massive array of iphone/pod games and apps out there, if the N900 could see such light it would be massively beneficial.

It just seems like everyones being blatent one sided and fanboyish to the N900 when i would very like (And i know a dam lot of people that would enjoy the capability to play their fav games on the n900 over i series devices,

Now can someone with some porting/coding experience tell us if its actually doable or not?

I'm not having a go or out, but i've seen what the community has done to the N900, so dare i ask, why stop now?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catacylsm For This Useful Post:
if nokia actually supported the ovi store it could of had alot of apps they're fault for being idiots

Originally Posted by bchliu View Post
Nope.. Angry Birds was released on N900 first before it ever made it to the iphone (although it was in demo mode at the time)
wrong! youre not the first person here to say that though. it was on iphone first. as if rovio would think oh lets make an epic game for the n900, that only a few people have lol. it was originally on the iphone and ported to n900 after it did so well.

you apparently have reading comprehension problems

when people say get an iphone to play iphone games, guess what they are saying in reference to your question.

Preenv and emus are totally different issues - before slamming other posters who replied how about you get off your lazy *** do some reading on threads yourself.

Devs are not gods - we are not in the matrix - and despite the n900 fanboyism here, there are very real limitations to what can be done on the n900.

Originally Posted by Catacylsm View Post
Seriously can we stop all the crap about 'no, get an apple device' blah blah blah, all the same old useless junk, need i remind you all that the N900 is a platform which can be built up to anything, and there is a massive array of iphone/pod games and apps out there, if the N900 could see such light it would be massively beneficial.

It just seems like everyones being blatent one sided and fanboyish to the N900 when i would very like (And i know a dam lot of people that would enjoy the capability to play their fav games on the n900 over i series devices,

Now can someone with some porting/coding experience tell us if its actually doable or not?

I'm not having a go or out, but i've seen what the community has done to the N900, so dare i ask, why stop now?

fear not guys, were getting the android app :-) second best thing to iphone apps right :-)

@crail

I severely doubt we'll ever officially get it. The company stated that it will only be released to carriers and device manufacturers as a means of making application deployment across platforms easier.

oh i didnt know that

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post

when people say get an iphone to play iphone games, guess what they are saying in reference to your question.

Preenv and emus are totally different issues - before slamming other posters who replied how about you get off your lazy *** do some reading on threads yourself.

Devs are not gods - we are not in the matrix - and despite the n900 fanboyism here, there are very real limitations to what can be done on the n900.
While you are cussing a poster please remember limitations are only in your own backyard !.

Limitations and the Nokia N900 dont come together somehow.

Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post

Oi, **** chatter, your still spouting crap, guess what, these emus are running native to the n900 hardware, so how about you get off your *** and do some reading.

Devs clearly are gods, they are the matrix (and your clearly stupid) and your very wrong, the limitations don't stretch far enough, its blindness and arrogance that prevent even basic research into these things...

Your blindness and arrogance, now get lost troll!

probably not possible, but if it was then most games require the iphone/touch/pad capacative screen so not many game apps would run to well on the N900s resisitive screen

Tags
douchebaggery, just shoot me, next question, sextuple fpalm