Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Breeze5 View Post
So has anybody tried the casing (http://www.sculpteo.com/en/design/nu...-n9-4/RvwLdWwH) and NUU keyboard?
If that shop is of the same godofwar424 on TMO you can contact him directly

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Breeze5 View Post
So has anybody tried the casing (http://www.sculpteo.com/en/design/nu...-n9-4/RvwLdWwH) and NUU keyboard?
Is it nice?
Instead of iPhone keyboard and a regular hard casing?
And how can we remove the VKB when writing sms and ect.?
I tried the casing, seeing as I designed it :P

It was a nice case, could be a little bit of a smoother material BUT the phone did fit and the case did attach onto the NUU Minikey

The experience was a bit crap due to the non reconnect ability of the N9 and to reduce the VKB download MesInput and find the VKB for VLC layout which is greatly reduced

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
I tried the casing, seeing as I designed it :P

It was a nice case, could be a little bit of a smoother material BUT the phone did fit and the case did attach onto the NUU Minikey

The experience was a bit crap due to the non reconnect ability of the N9 and to reduce the VKB download MesInput and find the VKB for VLC layout which is greatly reduced
I just ordered a n9 new in the box from a local supplier. I know it's old tech these days but I don't have the budget for the latest and greatest.

I've seen the phone out in the wild, played with it, and loved it. So I expect to be very happy with it for a few years. My one concern is the lack of a physical keyboard. I haven't had a keyboardless phone since I snagging an original android G1 release.

I read this thread with a great deal of interest. I think I can handle the physical modding elements, but I'm concerned about the communication between the phone and the keyboard.

Anyone have a definitive answer on a slider and keyboard that works seamlessly with the n9? The above sounds like the Nuu Minikey has reconnect issues. Is my impression of this correct?

The original Boxwave keyboard (I think?) reconnected okay but doesn't have a backlit keyboard.

Is there a slide out iPhone 4 keyboard (or perhaps did the Lumia ever get one?) that works well enough for this modding project that you can depend on it for everyday use?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eachna For This Useful Post:
That's nice, I think, I will do it too.

The Following User Says Thank You to allawi For This Useful Post:
Right as a followup. This was designed for the NUU MiniKey.

http://www.sculpteo.com/en/design/nu...-n9-4/RvwLdWwH

I have changed the material to the newer polished plastics as the grainy plastic used before wasn't very nice to touch or look at. This holds the device snugly but the material flexes a bit to get the device in and out

If there are any people with a 3D Printer themselves who would like me to try and find the original design file, PM me, and respect my wishes not to release the designs publicly.

Sculpteo are the people I used as they shipped fast and was nicely done, no room to save money on 3d printing atm, maybe somebody who owns a printer could print for the community at a reduced cost ect. PM Me if you are interested in printing this design on your own printer..

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
everyone big on 3d printer why

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Ahh but if only the reconnect ability worked perfect

The Following User Says Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n955