Active Topics

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@qwazix,

I also tried installing oobprofile (0.0.4). I ignored the postinst error but then I got the black screen (like @hschmitt reports) with the same error about org.maemo.fremantle.

For now I've uninstalled it, although I'm interested in the program.

BTW I don't know if this is implemented, but I would be very nice if the radius was configurable per-event (per-location).

If we can configure radius + positioning methods for each individual location (plus a time window, so that e.g. gps does not need to be enabled when none of the locations is time-active).

You might want to have a look at "Nokia Situations" (I had that in my E75).

Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
but whhhyyyyyy? I have to check the versions of qt-components. Thanks for testing though because I can't catch these errors since my N900 is set up for development, so all the relevant packages are already there (and it's too big of a task to remove any one of them to test)

I will try again tomorrow
My version for qt-components is 1.0~git20110620-7-1fn which is the latest in repo.
I can send you the output from
Code:
dpkg -l
if you are interested.

Just a quick search gave me that two QT Components packages exist:
qt-components-10
and
qt-components Maybe you depend one the first one?

@hschmitt,

In the first post it says that it requires libqtm-12 (mobility 1.2), which AFAIK is the version in extras-devel.

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
@hschmitt,

In the first post it says that it requires libqtm-12 (mobility 1.2), which AFAIK is the version in extras-devel.
Wrong.
The testing and devel version are the same:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/libqtm-12/

Originally Posted by hschmitt View Post
Just a quick search gave me that two QT Components packages exist:
qt-components-10
and
qt-components Maybe you depend one the first one?
Okay I checked the source packages for both libraries and the qt-components-10 sources contain a src/fremantle dir where qt-components does not.
So you should change your runtime dependency.

The Following User Says Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Yes that was it. It needed qt-components-10 instead of qt-components. It seems that it's a later version too qt-components-10

Someone should designate which is the correct package to depend on and remove the other package...

please test again in a few minutes

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hschmitt View Post
Wrong.
The testing and devel version are the same:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/libqtm-12/
Hmm.. it might have been wrong to mix up qtm with qt-components, but what I wrote is strictly right...

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
What's wrong to mix qtm with qtcomponents? Don't think they have any overlapping functionality.

Libqtm-12 is indeed on extras-proper, as well as qt-components-10 and in the relevant thread attila said that he will "kill with fire" qtm-11 and advised to use qtm-12 and not the various qtm-12-* modules.

I suppose someone should also kill qt-components with fire, to avoid confusion with qt-components-10 and dual libraries loaded on peoples devices due to devs depending arbitrarily on one of them.

I also see that qt-components is not optified, and that you need to import com.nokia.meego 1.0 rather than org.maemo.fremantle

(it would be nicer if we would import the same thing on harmattan and fremantle as there are no #ifdefs on qml and the qml components are actually the same)

I also see that qt-components-10 depends on qt-components that is kind of strange as I tried to install oobProfile on my N900 and it pulled qt-components even when I had qt-components-10 already installed. Maybe it is an older dependency, don't know.

If someone can confirm that we should be using qt-components-10 on the N900 maybe I write a wiki explaining step by step how to create a N900 qt components application

--> going to take my vote back from qt-components...

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Last edited by qwazix; 2012-03-27 at 21:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
What's wrong to mix qtm with qtcomponents? Don't think they have any overlapping functionality.
It was wrong *from me* to reply about qtm-12 when @hschmitt was talking about qt-components. There's nothing wrong with your app

In fact, I installed it again yesterday (0.0.6) and worked fine

The only thing is that, at least for now, the functionality is very limited (only changes profiles), but hey, it's called "oobProfile" for some reason , so not complaining..