Notices

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Czech Republic
Hello
Sorry if this have been discussed before, but I wasn't able to find similar thread.

I'm newbie in SIP, so I'll try to explain it step by step.
Lets say I have a contact named Alabama with fixed line number: +1 23 45
If I want to reach that number from another country I have to dial it with +1. So I prefer to have the number saved with country code.

Then when I go to contacts and select Alabama, there's an option at the bottom to make a call to this contact using sip.

Then when I select the number to be called through sip, it is dialing: "sip:+12345@sip.myprovider.com". This will not be accepted because of the plus in the dialing number.
if I manually call: "sip:12345@sip.myprovider.com" it will do the job, it will call the number using sip.

Is there any way how to get the plus "+" to be excluded from the built-in "SIP" call function?

Maybe I'm missing something and this is very silly, and I apologies if this is the case

what about replacing + with 00 i.e. 0012345.

Originally Posted by rajil.s View Post
what about replacing + with 00 i.e. 0012345.
That will break when dialing out from a country with a different international prefix (eg USA).

Some kind of number rewriting dialplan functionality would be useful, but it won't be coming from Nokia. I think the best bet is to contact the operator and ask them to support + prefixed numbers.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Thanks!
I'll contact them and let see if they will add support for this.
In my opinion just a script removing plus from the sip "fqdn" will do the job, but well.. I don't know much about programming and how hard is to implement this.

Originally Posted by demijan View Post
Hello
Sorry if this have been discussed before, but I wasn't able to find similar thread.

I'm newbie in SIP, so I'll try to explain it step by step.
Lets say I have a contact named Alabama with fixed line number: +1 23 45
If I want to reach that number from another country I have to dial it with +1. So I prefer to have the number saved with country code.

Then when I go to contacts and select Alabama, there's an option at the bottom to make a call to this contact using sip.

Then when I select the number to be called through sip, it is dialing: "sip:+12345@sip.myprovider.com". This will not be accepted because of the plus in the dialing number.
if I manually call: "sip:12345@sip.myprovider.com" it will do the job, it will call the number using sip.

Is there any way how to get the plus "+" to be excluded from the built-in "SIP" call function?

Maybe I'm missing something and this is very silly, and I apologies if this is the case
All my contacts have country code in the phone number...and it works well for me (I mean, making voip calls using sip).
In my opinion your problem is not something related to the device (n900). Instead, could be something related to the sip provider configuration.

Bye

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fedor For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much!
I've just asked... The answer is that they tried it in the past but for some reason wasn't possible.
They opened another ticket to the devs on this, so I might be lucky soon. I'll let you know how it ended

Thanks once more! My SIP provider fixed this for me last week. Thanks for your help on this!