Notices

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
qw is a game in which you need to control your player cursor (either via touchscreen gestures or keyboard) and enclose areas of the game with lines in order to fill them with a colored image.

The current release is "0.1", a tech demo with 9 levels. There are some features missing (e.g. the close and task switcher button, a proper menu and hiscores). If you have a USB keyboard, hook it up for some 4 player fun (the controls are displayed on the start screen of the game).

Quit: Either with Ctrl+Backspace or via the power button ("End current task").

Feedback greatly appreciated. Enjoy! No more games from me this year

Homepage with Maemo 5 .deb download

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by thp View Post

No more games from me this year
thats too bad happy new year for 2011, thanks fro the game man, sounds like a nice and fun time wayster .

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Yeah I just lost. Well played sir.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
qix is one of my favorite old games, I'll give this a try later when I'm at home

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
used to play a game in PC like this, nice one! thanks

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hungary
wooow, very very nice, i like it keep up the good work!

Hi..Very Nice game..I like this..Your efforts are very much appreciated..

Some improvements..
1) May be you can place some wooden board instead of picture and cut the board as you move cursor. Amout of good cutting will increase score (or money in this case). You can set targets for collecting money per level.
Just note that here small cutting will not earn you much money. That means small cutting of corner piece will not earn anything...You can increase difficulty level as you progress the game.

2) Any powerups in existing game possible? May be giving some bonus so that all the worms are disabled for few seconds..or they will die if they touch cursor line...

The Following User Says Thank You to yogi900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
..and qw is now also available for Windows (as is That Rabbit Game) as a download from the website. The great thing about qw on Windows is that you don't need USB Host Mode + an USB keyboard for some four-player fun in qw, as your Windows PC most likely already has a full-size keyboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
NO SH*T!!!!!!!!!! That is one of the best games i ever played on my 286 computer long time ago xD
great stuff!!!!!!!! xD

I like it. Keep the seemingly random backgrounds, seeing what the next one is seems to be a motivation to get to the next level.

If you can, please add portrait and tilt-control. Well, I might be able to achieve tilt with accelmymote, but still - please continue developement.