Notices

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Slocan View Post
@bigbiff: The dividers are actually there. Unfortunately, they are set to black, so on most themes, you can't see them. I haven't yet found how to change either that, or the background to make them stand out, but I totally agree this needs changing.
The feed list has it, but the articles list does not. I've tried to change the articles list to display the separators, but was unable to do so. One option would be to create a "darker" color variant for the "unread" and "read" colors and then alternate between the normal and darker variant. Or maybe override the cell renderer to draw a faint line at the top (or bottom?) of the cell, so that separators are visible again - in this case, we can chose which color to draw the line.

@Rob1n: PR1.2 changed the flag that needs to be set to stay in Landscape. Thp published a fix recently to his portrait library that I'm using, so I just need to integrate it. Not sure what's wrong with the Preferences dialog in portrait mode, but it needs fixing indeed.
The fix is now merged, it's pretty minor, but does the job

Originally Posted by sorodoros View Post
Another thing that seems to have changed recently is read feeds font size.
Can't reproduce this here with the latest Git release (with the default theme).

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Another thing that seems to have changed recently is read feeds font size.

Originally Posted by thp View Post
...Can't reproduce this here with the latest Git release (with the default theme).
I am using Nokia digital nature. Do you see it with this theme?

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
Originally Posted by thp View Post
The feed list has it, but the articles list does not.
It really is there in the article list. But you need to use a "light" theme (for example Alpine from Ovi) to actually see it.

@sorodoros: Can't reproduce that either. The italic part will be re-added, right now it only change the colour once it's read. But the font should stay the same. There is a word-wrap issue sometimes, in particular for titles over 2 lines, in that a title is cut-off at first, but displays properly on 3 lines when it is updated (to change the colour after reading it). Maybe that's what you're noticing.

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
I get it now. Portrait mode "shortens" long article titles to one line, cutting them off. After they have been read they are displayed in full - two lines, or more. Is this the intended behavior? I am fairly certain this was handled differently just a week or so ago. My bad that the font grew. It doesn't.

Originally Posted by sorodoros View Post
Is this the intended behavior?
No, this is not intended at all, but it is indeed what is happening

Great app. Use it as my primary rss reader. Everything works great except for tumblr.com feeds. It is added and shows the number of unread, but on selecting that, it displays 'No articles to display'. BTW, the tumblr feeds work correctly in the stock reader and Resistance.

Am I missing something or this is a bug?

@manavs: I just tried the staff.tumblr.com/rss feed, and it works fine for me. Is there a specific one that doesn't work? Maybe try to remove and re-add it. If it still doesn't work, start the app from the X-terminal by type FeedingIt (case sensitive), update the feed, and let me know if there are any messages coming up.

The Following User Says Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Excellent!! Re-adding it worked. works perfectly now. Thanks again.

@jcompagner: That's a warning coming from the Gtk engine (the underlying component that maemo uses to render apps). It's like it is not able to determine the colormap depth (number of colours the screen is able to draw). One test you could do is to download http://feedingit.marcoz.org/webbrowser.py to the phone, and then run it from the X-Term window as "python webbrowser.py" and see if you can navigate one of these sites.
exact same crash/problem when opening an engadget url

So maybe the only way is a full flash? but thats what i did with pr1.2 already (and then i got this problem) or are there some config files left in the home dir that could be in the way? (i only flashed root)

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
I have a weird problem with the RSS feed from a wordpress blog. Sometimes the titles of the articles are correct and other times they are all the same (probably the user name of the poster on wordpress). When it switches back and forth, all the articles are relabeled as unread. I have no idea what causes it to switch as it is not when the poster has created a new blog entry.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? I assume it is a problem with Wordpress but maybe there is something in the way FeedingIt is interpreting the RSS feed from Wordpress. Thoughts?

Fred

P.S. I will likely be slow in responding as I am in the middle of a cross-USA motorcycle trip and there are many places where AT&T doesn't have coverage, just like the Verizon commercials point out.