Posts: 51 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Klein/Spring, Texas, USA
Hello I haven't posted on this forum for a while I was wondering where one might get replacement parts for a Nokia N900. I need a new battery, a new digitizer, and I need to recase my phone. I was going to use Palco Cell Phone Repair, but that was way back in 2014 I think and I don't think they offer any repair services for N900s anymore, if they even exist ( The palcocellphonerepair.com domain seems to be dead ). I think I may be able to find some things on Stellatech's site ( I have an N9 that I intend to repair as its battery is shot and I ruined some of the screws when disassembling it. The screws are Torx Plus but I used a regular Torx bit ).

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get good quality spare parts? ( used or pre-owned is fine as long as they are in good condition )

I'm wary of buying anything off of eBay because, from what I can see, all of the "new" "Nokia N900s" and their associated spare parts are counterfeits mostly from Shenzhen China ( I reported several sellers to eBay but it seems eBay doesn't care unless they get hit by a class-action lawsuit ).

Thanks,

jdb2

EDIT : I forgot to mention that I also need a new keyboard. Also, where might one find a list of N900 replacement parts with their associated Nokia internal part numbers?

Last edited by jdb2; 2019-02-12 at 17:40.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdb2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
These are left in finnish site. You may try if they speak english and send abroad. http://www.puhelinvaraosat.fi/search...ategory%3An900

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
FWIW at least some of the knock off parts aren't terrible quality. One of my N900s I got from eBay turned out to be one of those Chinese refurbs. Screen, digitizer, battery, keyboard, etc all work fine.

I got a spare standalone digitizer, but the quality of that was terrible and requires much more force than an original.

The PolarCell battery for the N900 seems be as mostly good as the original battery, but the plastic on one end was brittle.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DA5 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jdb2 View Post
Hello I haven't posted on this forum for a while I was wondering where one might get replacement parts for a Nokia N900. I need a new digitizer,
Have you checked this out? ttps://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Nokia-OEM-Front-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-Glass-Metal-Frame-for-N900-BLACK/132922828488?epid=1402326851

N9 chassis screws now EOL and in short supply:https://stellatech.com/en/nokia-lumi...a,811571.html/

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2019-02-12 at 20:15. Reason: Addition

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
I have got four new digitizers from https://www.brapa.co.uk/Nokia-N900 , but they are out of stock now. Haven't tried them yet. Will use at least one of them to refurbish my own Nokia N900 - digitizer's external layer is peeling off. Otherwise, can sell one digitizer for 25AUD + shipping. [Yes, it is expensive - especially for those who are outside Australia]

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

[Edit]
Had a look at four digitizers... Two of them are flat as expected, and two of them have metal frame included apparently! Looks like they are generous.
[/Edit]

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2019-02-14 at 01:32.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Klein/Spring, Texas, USA
Thanks for all the helpful replies!

I ended up buying a new screen, digitizer, keypad and battery off of eBay from the seller mentioned in this thread. Supposedly they're "OEM".

I still need the "A-COVER FRAMING I0002", the "A-COVER ASSY I0001", the "QWERTY COVER ASSY I0201", the "B-COVER I0215" and the "BATTERY COVER ASSY I0221". This is for the re-casing of the phone. On Stellatech's site, they have the "Front Cover Frame" and "Middle Frame" which I think corresponds to the ""A-COVER FRAMING I0002" and the ""B-COVER I0215" respectively. Still haven't found a new, OEM, full body housing yet though, which would obviate the need for most of the parts I listed in this paragraph.

Regards,

jdb2

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jdb2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Would it not make sense to hunt for a used good condition one?
I guess easier, all in one and probably cheaper?
If you do not need the mainboard you may look for a faulty USB port one or an 'all telephony disabled' one?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, parts, repair