Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
"You have been successful in this? As far as I'd been able to determine, network HotSyncs are unable to cross subnets. Therefore, I'd be interested in reading more about how you're sync'ing across the Internet."

I don't think he meant across the Internet. You'd be better off doing that with an infinitely long usb cable. I think he meant across his wireless network.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by stevecrye View Post
It would be wondderful if you could provide details on obtaining and installing GPE on a n810!
This existing thread may help you.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I don't think he meant across the Internet. I think he meant across his wireless network.
I dream my little dreams.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Texas/Earth/Sol System/Milky Way/Local Group/Hubble Bubble/Infinity
Got GarnetVM working - wow!

Details here:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=20702

Steve

In order to HotSync my PIM data I had to export the data and reimport to a new user account. That account would HotSync correctly. The old account, for my ancient Palm III was trying to drag some games and other stuff to my new N810, and that seemed to make the Sync fail every time. With clean data only, the Sync worked fine.

This was suggested on the Garnet FAQ page from Palm, and it worked for me.

I got an error message "Failed (Can't connect)".

Anybody has the same error message, or even better, a solution for me?

hello,
i have a question regarding the IP address, for some reason, i typed in my Ip address in the hostname tab, but it cant connect. I am very sure it is the IP address but it just won't hotsync. I don't know how else to make it recognize the ip address. Please help! thanks

I also have a question that pertains to hotsyncing. If I Create a new HotSync account (Tools Menu => Users, Press New)... As is suggested, won't I lose the ability for my registration codes to be recognized (ie the registration code for Datebk5 for example)?

That was true for me on some games, it would not accept my old registration code. But it was worth it, to me, to get my data over, which I use more often.

i managed to get it to hotsync and connected, however, the sync will fail, and the log message is backup synchronization failed. i really don't understand why is that. Did i missed a step, or something in additional i need to do? Help, i really need to get these palm based programs to work on my nokia n800 for school work. sigh thanks in advance!

Tags
garnet, palm