Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by peio View Post
About the browser: Does the size of the text adjust depending of the "importance" of the text, like on safari mobile (i.e. in this particular webpage, the discussions are written bigger than the "edit", "quote", "join date" etc, and I don't need to zoom at all to read the forum)
No, sites are displayed as they were intended by the designer. They appear as on your desktop PC.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
When people say the camera is 'the same as the n97' is that the same as the n95 after the first firmware update?

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
If you have upgraded to Diablo, has the abnormally high CPU usage of metalayer-crawler been fixed (as is indicated by Bugzilla's bugs 978 and 1842) or does it still exist?

(Note to N900 users - I believe metalayer-crawler has been replaced in Maemo 5)

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
In my signature there is a link that says, "Newbies: Always first use this link." It is a Google search of Maemo.org, and you might find it better than the Search functions built into the forum. I suggest bookmarking it.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by peio View Post
If I buy a N900 with qwerty keyboard, how do I type "é" or "à"? (I usually use an azerty keyboard, but qwerty n900 are a lot cheaper in France)
There's a symbol menu you can bring up to enter any of these.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
hiya,

i wrote to access re this and they politely said that they could say nothing.
Does anyone there know if they're preparing a version of the garnet vm for the n900.

cheers,
andrew p

The Following User Says Thank You to ajprince For This Useful Post:
Hi all!

I understand the browser is a firefox-variant with lots of capabilities - for instance flash-support.

What other plugins are supported by the n900's browser?

Im particularly curious about the support for Unity 3D-plugin, as that would open up the device to a lot of gameplay

/ Daniel

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Just thought of another one: Flash support is dependent on your internet connection.

Sooo... say I am surfing at home (on the wifi) and find a YooToob I really like and want to share - but the people I want to share it with are somewhere with no signal.

My firefox has a download help plug-in, which will pull down a flash vid for me and convert it to something I can view offline. Does the maemo browser have anything like that? (or is it likely to get something like that?)

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Hello out there.

Just wonder why there are two different login systems for talk.maemo.org and the other maemo.org sites like Development, Community etc?
I had to create a new account for talk.maemo.org.

Last edited by xiph; 2009-10-10 at 09:32.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by xiph View Post
Just wonder why there are two different login systems for talk.maemo.org and the other maemo.org sites like Development, Community etc?
I had to create a new account for talk.maemo.org.
This is an issue that's being worked on. Historically, the maemo sites run on different servers, hosted by different people, and only share the same look.
Single sign-on is to be expected within the next few months, though.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
help i'm stuck, help wanted