Closed Thread
Currently equities are not trading on fundamentals but technicals. Unless you are a trader who has a handle on the structural issues in the monetary systems in the world economy, I think you are asking for trouble going long on any stock long term.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
If that's the case, why are we here? Why piss off a bunch of people in the US? Better question, why were we stupid enough to buy their crap? heh
Well, while they make gravy in developing markets they are releasing delicious(for me anyway) maemo experimental devices now and then and i am very happy they release these devices that are somewhat still an R&D project for a small department of Nokia. it looks like they have seen enough demand now and will be further developing meego as more consumer centric type with more resources behind it.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
Currently equities are not trading on fundamentals but technicals. Unless you are a trader who has a handle on the structural issues in the monetary systems in the world economy, I think you are asking for trouble going long on any stock long term.
How does this help us release our frustrations on Nokia as consumers?

Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
Well, while they make gravy in developing markets they are releasing delicious(for me anyway) maemo experimental devices now and then and i am very happy they release these devices that are somewhat still an R&D project for a small department of Nokia. it looks like they have seen enough demand now and will be further developing meego as more consumer centric type with more resources behind it.
To what end? What's the point of the R&D device if it'll never produce anything that ultimately will have a userbase or purpose? I sincerely feel that Meego will not go anywhere with Nokia pulling stunts. Even Linux desktop distros have a purpose.

lol it doesnt. Its just a friendly word and of course I could be wrong - as usual DYOD and YMMV.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Must also consider decreased value of the €. Not good for nokia. This makes the position even worse.

Oh Nokia.You're adorable. It's cute to see them trying so hard sometimes. Sometimes.

Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
Long:

- APPL
- GLW
- CRUS
- MU
- PWER

Originally Posted by colnago View Post
Long:

- APPL
- GLW
- CRUS
- MU
- PWER
OMG! CODE! Quick.. anybody here know how to solve puzzles or something??

It's rather strange to see people who are happy about Nokia's financial problems.
If Nokia will close, then you cannot buy Nokia products any more.
Think about it...

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@quipper8: do you think Nokia's failing grades are.. somehow undeserved?
that it needs to be blamed to some other entity?
I would say falling, not failing

stock prices generally reflect the now with little regard for long range strategy of a company. in other words, IMO, now is a great time to buy Nokia.

While the north american mobile market bumps and grinds it way towards a more open landscape where there is unlocked freedom, less subsidy and contracts and carrier binding, and transition to 4g technology based on gsm(LTE), nokia is bolstering its position in developing markets to the tune of greater than 50% market share.

in the next few years, nokia can have a more technically savvy market in most of the world with brand awareness/loyalty AND a more open mobile landscape in the US upon which to release new smartphone models. Nokia can transition its massive manufacturing to primarily smartphones when this international critical mass arrives.

This is definitely a tough time of transition and reorganization for Nokia but I think the future for the company is quite bright.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen