Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
^ No, there is actually quite a bit more to it than that.
I just CBF'd going into it all again, done it dozens of times.
Every mth a new person pops up lamenting the loss of the supposedly superior N950.
The info. is out there....
Have you used both? I have and i can say the n950 are superior by the simple fact that it got a hw-keyboard. The other things does not matter that much. It's not that 200 mA battey will give you much more time. The only important thing is NFC and if you can live without that (which most ppl can) then that is not important either.

The hw-keyboard gives a lot of usability.. that you cant deny. And usability is very important when comparing devices. The casing or anything else doesn't matter that much. So the hw-keyboard is the only main thing that differ between them and also makes the n950 a better device.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I explained it all to you before you made your purchase, you of all people should know.
Once again you are utterly wrong about the screen & the camera module.
It's even more disturbing that you still think this, given that you had everything explained to you.
I also fail to see how the metal body is some kid of advantage...
The info's out there for him to do his homework, the overall differences are considerable.
I'm not going to dig it all up again for yet another person....
The N9's better hardware-wise overall, unless a built-in hw qwerty's an absolute must.
What did you explain before? Did I agree you?

I don't care if you believe N9 is better, I don't want to start arguing again. If you believe it, just believe.

About camera and screen - Did you actually used N950? If you see both screen on one hand you will love N950 more, not only me but lot else proved.
The 12MP camera will be used by camera pro, do you think better than N9?

If you believe everything Nokia says, believe it, but don't cheat others everywhere. I'm SICK of your total innocence about N950.

Use one before you make such statement. I've used both.

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Have you used both? I have and i can say the n950 are superior by the simple fact that it got a hw-keyboard. The other things does not matter that much. It's not that 200 mA battey will give you much more time. The only important thing is NFC and if you can live without that (which most ppl can) then that is not important either.

The hw-keyboard gives a lot of usability.. that you cant deny. And usability is very important when comparing devices. The casing or anything else doesn't matter that much. So the hw-keyboard is the only main thing that differ between them and also makes the n950 a better device.
The problem is he never used any N950 and believes everything Nokia says about N9 and N950. Don't know if he believes Elop.

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
The problem is he never used any N950 and believes everything Nokia says about N9 and N950. Don't know if he believes Elop.
Preferance is a matter of taste and while Jalyst might underestimate how good a hw-keyboard is but is not a lier. The n9 casing is better but not by much. The camera is essentially the same. You will not get better pictures with a n950 than n9.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
i can say the n950 are superior by the simple fact that it got a hw-keyboard.
The hw-keyboard gives a lot of usability.. that you cant deny. And usability is very important when comparing devices.
If a built-in hw qwerty's very important for your usage scenario, then of course the N950's a good option.*
But that's the only reason why the N950 may be "better", chenliangchen's claims are simply not correct.

In every other area the N9's as good or better, it's been explained to him & others numerous times.
When someone owns a ph, they tend to justify their purchase as much as possible, no matter the facts.

If the OP wants to accept his claims as facts instead of researching heavily 1st, then that's his problem.
Sorry that I can't be of more help, it just gets tiresome repeating the same things over, & over, & over.

*For hard-core typing I tend to use portable BT/USB qwerty's.
They're far better for fast/accurate typing than built-in qwerty's.
But they're not as convenient as built-ins of course....

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-28 at 07:45.

If a built-in hw qwerty's very important for your usage scenario, then of course the N950's a good option.*
But that's the only reason why the N950 "may" be better, chenliangchen's claims are simply not correct.
It's all been explained to him, not going to try & explain again, it obviously didn't sink-in last time...
When someone owns a phone, they tend to want to justify their purchase as much as possible, no matter the facts.
If the OP wants to accept his claims as facts instead of researching heavily, then that's his problem.

*For hard core typing I tend to use portable BT/USB qwerty's.
They're far better for fast/accurate typing than built-in qwerty's.
It's not only "may".. it is better. A BT-keyboard+N9 might be the closest thing to a N950 but nowhere close as good. Always carrying periphals makes it less mobile and without a stand harder. In that case ssh'ing or use x2x with a real computer would be better.

The other differeances doesn't matter that much.. and the "owns a phone..." thing seams to apply to you too

If you would have had the chance to try a n950 you would agree with me. I am sure of it.

It depends on whether a physical qwerty matters for your usage.
If you're typing heavily, & can put up w/the slight inconvenience of a small BT keyb, then no built-in is irrelevant.
At that point the many (mostly small, but not all) advantages the N9 has come into play.
Some of which you have omitted, or seem to be unaware of...

and the "owns a phone..." thing seams to apply to you too
I own neither, I've simply researched both heavily over a long period.
And I've been following everyone's observations/experiences closely.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-28 at 08:18.

It depends on whether physical qwerty matters for your usage.
If you're only doing quite light typing then it's pretty irrelevant.
At that point the multitude of smaller advantages the N9 has come into play.
Many of which you have omitted, or seem to be unaware of.

I own neither, I've simply researched both very heavily, over a long period of time.
Yeah, that is true.. but very few do not write on their phones. And yes, i have omitted them as they are not that relevant. If you are using a BT-keyboard then things like battery can't be for you either. NFC is cool but not that useful yet. The casing might be prettier but brings nothing to usability. And that is pretty much it.. it is not a multitude.. it is a few differances that does not matter in everyday use.

And i think the OP is a "writer" why he want a n950 so bad. Most people are.. but for those who aren't a N9 would be better. In my view the n950 is superior simply by that fact.

Actually you omitted some significant things, & when everything's combined as-a-whole, it's far from irrelevant.
I just spent 5min trying to find prior posts where I've gone over all this but I couldn't see them, I really CBF'd spending a few more minutes.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-28 at 08:32.

Actually you omitted some significant things, & when everything's combined as-a-whole, it's far from irrelevant.
I just spent 5min trying to find prior posts where I've gone over all this but I couldn't see them, I really CBF'd spending a few more minutes.
Just the matter of you not beeing able to mention them show that there aren't anyone.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post: