Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Bump

We are about to submit a proposal for GSoC '10, so if anyone want to be a mentor/backup mentors is the best time to jump in.

More project ideas are also more than welcome.
not experienced enough for mentoring - probably on the otehrside - happy to volunteer to help out elsewhere if needed - or just as a comedy coding sidekick :P hehe
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
not experienced enough for mentoring - probably on the otehrside - happy to volunteer to help out elsewhere if needed - or just as a comedy coding sidekick :P hehe
If we are chosen as org and you are a student, you can probably apply

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I have updated the wiki proposal "Pocket Jeeves" with a mentor and co-sponsor (the Sphinx project). The individual seems uniquely qualified for the position and that makes this proposal, IMO, one of the better GSoC candidates.

Post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=19

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
I've gone ahead and added some that I think would be fun and generally applicable.

Some notes on "Ad-Hoc Telepathy"

Unless they mean auto-creation of Ad-Hoc networks (which could be a bit problematic) this is already done with "Link Local XMPP" telepathy Connection Manager.

As for Bluetooth, well, I guess I duplicated there but mine is a bit more fledged out. I actually branched The One Ring in January to start working on it myself but too many issues came up with The One Ring that I've done nothing with it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Some further commentary on purposed projects:

My Locale-clone proposal: It looks like Atilla might already be working on this idea, see the Shepherd thread

"Group chat support for Conversations " I believe Conversations is a closed source, Nokia owned application which would not make this too possible. What could be done is create an independent application with Multi-User support that can be run along side conversations

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I have added Radiator to the Hard section. http://wiki.maemo.org/GSoC_2010/Project_ideas#Hard

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Hi to all!

Hello I am a student who would like to participate in the GSOC and I have a small idea, what did you think about creating an application that allows us to read chm files?

I don't know if this type of app already exist in the maemo desktop.

Greetings to all, and please i will apreciate your feedbacks about this little idea.

Last edited by nemux; 2010-03-26 at 09:43.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by nemux View Post
Hi to all!

Hello I am a student who would like to participate in the GSOC and I have a small idea, what did you think about creating an application that allows us to read chm files?

I don't know if this type of app already exist in the maemo desktop.

Greetings to all, and please i will apreciate your feedbacks about this little idea.
There's a similar idea, but more advanced, in our ideas list, see e-book reader: http://wiki.maemo.org/GSoC_2009/Project_ideas

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I would like to join GSOC this year, and I was thinking to create an application to reduce the carbon footprint of our device.
This app will let users create their own scenarios and actions for it (or will have some basic rules), for example: in the morning put down brightness, in the office disable wifi/bt and so on.
Reading the others ideas it look a little bit like the "Locality" project.
I think this would be a nice app for maemo and maybe also for meego.
I would like to know what you think about.

Best Regards,
Daniele Maio.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I have added Radiator to the Hard section. http://wiki.maemo.org/GSoC_2010/Project_ideas#Hard
For a second I thought you wanted someone to write an app that would overheat the N900 so that it could be used as a pocket radiator.

Tags
gsoc