Notices

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
hey peter, would it be possible to have an option to turn off landscape mode?
I mean, it is ok having the player in landscape mode while having the keyboard open... but any time else I really prefer the portait view!

lingling

Originally Posted by lingling92 View Post
hey peter, would it be possible to have an option to turn off landscape mode?
I mean, it is ok having the player in landscape mode while having the keyboard open... but any time else I really prefer the portait view!

lingling
You guys are impossible All I heard for weeks was, "hey we want landscape mode!". Don't worry, we're adding a pref in the next version to disable it

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by peter@instinctiv.com View Post
You guys are impossible All I heard for weeks was, "hey we want landscape mode!". Don't worry, we're adding a pref in the next version to disable it
Yes, yes we are.
Let me ask again: Where do I pay?
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Yes, yes we are.
Let me ask again: Where do I pay?
Haha. Until we're at a 1.0 version we'd rather focus on building new stuff and polishing existing stuff before spending any time on building a pay wall. We're leaning heavily towards a free/pro version. How much do you think we should charge?

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Haha. Until we're at a 1.0 version we'd rather focus on building new stuff and polishing existing stuff before spending any time on building a pay wall. We're leaning heavily towards a free/pro version. How much do you think we should charge?
Minimum $1. Maximum I'd pay: $10.
If I pay $10, I'd expect free lifetime upgrades as well.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
If you made the art as big as the portrait mode for landscape....i am willing to pay $10.00 for the app. Otherwise, i am cool with the FREE version w/ just portrait mode. You have not answer the question wheather you can do it or not or actually want to do it or can't be done or impossible or no desire....i just want an answer. Thanks!

Last edited by romanianusa; 2010-11-10 at 19:27.

perhaps this question is off topic on n900 platform but i will ask it anyway and i would appreciate any answers. How to activate the facebook and twitter sharing in imac? I have fill out the username and all but i did not received any oauth allow/deny for twitter?

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Dallas, Texas
$10 for a great program is fair. $5 might get more buyers. I would also have the option for donations. That might bring in a surprising amount.

The Following User Says Thank You to Taleydra For This Useful Post:
$5, I would totally get the pro version.

Edit: But $10 is also a fair price.

The Following User Says Thank You to xtian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Yeah but the way the Ovi store works is $10 for the US customers would be £10 for British customers, which is about $15, so not exactly fair. If that could have a workaround then great.

There should be a free trial/free version too though because so far all the releases have been utterly unusable for me. It freezes, crashes, the last time i tried it with the latest .deb file i managed to eventually play a track, then the screen went black and the song was playing in the background and not responding to anything. Eventually managed to kill it, but my point is i'd be pissed if i dropped £10 for something i couldn't use. No problem at all paying for it if that's what you decide to do, but i do think a free trial is fair. Plus, people can be put off with something they must buy upfront with no trial, so offering a free version for a week's trial could bring more customers.

The Following User Says Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post: