Active Topics

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Izmir - TURKEY
Hello, didn't read whole topic but, found a "diagnosis" command and checked it to see what's wrong. My guess is my localization causes crash. It starts, at the loading screen it crashes and turn back to my desktop. Here is the output btw,

Code:
Nokia-N900:~# python /opt/SleepAnalyser/main.py
Saturday 04/23/11 00:42:46
SleepAnalyser Version: 2.1-55
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/SleepAnalyser/main.py", line 112, in <module>
    import i18n #load language file
  File "/opt/SleepAnalyser/i18n.py", line 43, in <module>
    lc, encoding = locale.getdefaultlocale()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/locale.py", line 443, in getdefaultlocale
    return _parse_localename(localename)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/locale.py", line 375, in _parse_localename
    raise ValueError, 'unknown locale: %s' % localename
ValueError: unknown locale: tr_CY

Hello, nice, great application !
Is it possible to implement the registration of the sound of snoring into the sleep analyzer ? It would be interesting to know about one's snoring behaviour, and about speaking-during-sleep.
see:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/snore...394886870?mt=8

Snoring registration would become even more useful if it could recognise sleep apnea.
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_apnea )
Sleep-apnea is distinguishable from normal snoring: it is an exceptionally loud snore after a period of interrupted breathing.

map your nap:

http://www.switched.com/2009/12/27/m...ng-iphone-app/

on this site:

The new app, developed by Finnish telemedicine provider Remote Analysis, Ltd., compares your bedmate's snoring to a library of pre-recorded snores to detect any potential irregularities -- namely, to determine if he or she might be susceptible to sleep apnea, a condition whereby people take long pauses between breaths while asleep, depriving themselves of oxygen. Sounds like a roaring good idea to us, and a great way to keep track of your loved one's health every time you hit the sack -- or, more likely, every time you hit the couch, doubtless in front of a late-night movie.

As i do not consider changing to Iphone, such an app for n900 would be really great.

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
@ Sin: I will fix this in the next version. Until then you can use Sleepanalyser by running the following command in XTerm:
python /opt/Sleepanalyser/main.py --language en

@ willem43: I am not going to add sound detection in the near future. This would be a huge task and it would be very difficult to interpret the data.
To record the snoring would be interesting, how ever I do not have the time to implement more huge functions into Sleepanalyser. I spend already far to much time for it
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Hi caco3,

I'm wondering if you had the time to look into improving the lucid dream function?

I've been testing it on and off lately and haven't gotten any results. Most likely due to the fact it only plays at the start and not somewhere in the latter half of the night's sleep. I think you said it was difficult to add the ability to trigger the lucid music in the middle.

I was thinking maybe its possible to use a combination of the normal alarm function and wakeup music function as a substitute? For example if the alarm is set to say 5am with a 30min window, and my movement moves above the trigger level(eg. at 5.15am) then the wakeup music will play followed by the alarm. Instead of playing the wakeup music& alarm straight away, implement a delay that is customisable. So if I had a delay of 60min, in theory it should act like the following:

5.15am - movement above trigger, delay activated
6.15am - wakeup music plays (i'll use lucid music in this case)

All i have to do is to give the alarm a blank sound file so that an alarm wont wake me up. I guess I could also make this work right now by making a custom music file that have 60min of blank at the start, but it's not very elegant.

It would still be awesome if a proper function can be added for better triggering of lucid music in the latter half of the night, but if not it would still be good to see if my suggestion works.

Thanks!

Hi rexii32

I do not completely understand your examples. Could you check/correct the times in your post? I believe some of them are wrong/dont make sense.

About the lucid dream function:
Do you want to be able to set a second delay, like it only can start x hours sleeping and and (then) y minutes in deep/light sleep?
That would not be too hard to implement.

About the wake up music:
as I understand it, you want to delay the music for another while after you triggered the alarm?
Why do you need that?
Why not keeping it the way you do it now?

To be honest, I want to lower my time investment for SleepAnalyser for a while. I invested a lot of time the last few months, but now I have to move my priorities a bit. I still will do bug fixes and so on, but dont want to implement big features for a while.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Originally Posted by caco3 View Post

Do you want to be able to set a second delay, like it only can start x hours sleeping and and (then) y minutes in deep/light sleep?
That would not be too hard to implement.
I think I made the example more complicated than it really is. What you described in the quote is exactly what I would like to see.

I'll try to give another example with an attached chart and hope it's easier to understand.

In this example I started sleep at just before 11pm. I want to set a delay where it can only start 3hrs into my sleep (so start just before 2am). It will see that period of light sleep (2.35am-2.55am) and recognise it as the transition between sleep cycles. 2.55am would be the start of a new sleep cycle. It would then count 60minutes and play the lucid dream music.

Hope that's clearer.
Attached Images

this app sounds great ... but i can't install because libpcre3 and libspeex1 packages are missing ...

PR1.3 is installed

apt-get install libpcre3 doesn't work ... what am I missing? thx

Originally Posted by Sin View Post
Hello, didn't read whole topic but, found a "diagnosis" command and checked it to see what's wrong. My guess is my localization causes crash. It starts, at the loading screen it crashes and turn back to my desktop. Here is the output btw,

Code:
Nokia-N900:~# python /opt/SleepAnalyser/main.py
Saturday 04/23/11 00:42:46
SleepAnalyser Version: 2.1-55
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/SleepAnalyser/main.py", line 112, in <module>
    import i18n #load language file
  File "/opt/SleepAnalyser/i18n.py", line 43, in <module>
    lc, encoding = locale.getdefaultlocale()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/locale.py", line 443, in getdefaultlocale
    return _parse_localename(localename)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/locale.py", line 375, in _parse_localename
    raise ValueError, 'unknown locale: %s' % localename
ValueError: unknown locale: tr_CY

Hi Sin

I tried to reproduce this error, but can't.
It looks like to me that your locale files are broken. Which language/region are you using on your phone?
Please also check the latest version of sleepanalyser and let me know if it still doesnt work.
and more...

Originally Posted by sil View Post
this app sounds great ... but i can't install because libpcre3 and libspeex1 packages are missing ...

PR1.3 is installed

apt-get install libpcre3 doesn't work ... what am I missing? thx
You are missing some repositories. The mentioned files are available in the Nokia and SSU repositories!

See here: http://maemo.org/packages/view/libpcre3/

You might have to add this to your sources list:
deb https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/ssu/mr0 ./

Please also check the forum for other threads!
and more...