Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
So Eldar has finally spoken (haha) about the N9. I read the first part of the review, seems pretty honest, but what do you guys think, especially owners of the N9?

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n9-1-en.shtml

I'm still playing with the idea of getting one, it's just the price tag is still a little bit high, but if it's worth it, I'll take the plunge

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
He pretty much nailed it

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
What review? I've scrolled through a lot of commentary and very little review.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
What review? I've scrolled through a lot of commentary and very little review.
But is there anything you'd agree with or disagree with as an n9 owner?

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
i don't have an issue with the screen (it is great & perfectly fine to browse the web on) or USB cover (just be a little careful with it). Supported or not, the updates and community support has been great. Hardly used the camera yet, so can't comment. I replaced a 64gb ipod touch with this - i am not certain, but the audio seems better on the N9 to my ears. I can't remember much more of his poorly translated ramblings, but the phone is fluid, fast and intuitive. It has a few quirks but nothing that makes me regret getting it.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
But is there anything you'd agree with or disagree with as an n9 owner?
I came from an N8, all I agree with is the pictures are decent, it's not breathtaking like the N8's but decent. I've been busy playing around with the camera on the N9, to see what the best settings are, but otherwise nothing too amazing, everything else about the phone is nothing short of breathtaking. If we could get the LED indicator working on the N9, a whatsapp messenger, and my bank would let me use it on their network, id be set for a few years to come...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Agree with most of his points. Though from the aesthetics perspective I'm confused why he left the rubber case when taking close up shots of the device. Either he forgot as the case is so thing or..idk. Case takes away the beauty and adds a rubbery feel to it.

Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Agree with most of his points. Though from the aesthetics perspective I'm confused why he left the rubber case when taking close up shots of the device. Either he forgot as the case is so thing or..idk. Case takes away the beauty and adds a rubbery feel to it.
I wonder this too. Also for a very technical review this has stupid mistakes such as "no automatically adjusted backlight since it is not in the settings"-detail. You only have to take the phone from shadow to light and back to see it adjust with a small delay. I smell proto device here (used in a review).

It is a good review in many aspects though. In larger lines I definitely disagree about innovativity thing; N9 has it in spades (as did N900 have, and many of its good points are brought to N9 too).

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
He tries to hide (with little success) it's a prototype and not a sales device.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Would there be huge differences between a prototype and a sales unit?

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post: