Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
In future only connect your N9 to a device with GNU/Linux as OS

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Thanx a million guys, will try this when I get home tonight. I'll never connect my phone to anyone's PC ever again except for mine.

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Another option would be to use the USB cable in network mode (this may need to have developer mode enabled) to have a direct network connection to your laptop. Then you could access all contents on the phone via SFTP without having to mount the FAT32 MMC.
Bluetooth should do this, no?
Don't know about battery drain with BT though.
Current Maemo Community Council member

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
Scandisk is the name on older WIN OS. For WIN 7 it's called Checkdisk. fsck is a similar tool on LINUX OS.

Connect ur N9 as mass storage device and use Checkdisk following these steps:
http://www.w7forums.com/use-chkdsk-check-disk-t448.html

Hope this helps.
Solution failed

What's going to happen if I right-click N9 then Format? Will it wipe out everything or just the music, pics and videos?

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Solution failed

What's going to happen if I right-click N9 then Format? Will it wipe out everything or just the music, pics and videos?
Don't do it!!!

You will wipe the file system within mydocs, folders and all.

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2012-05-28 at 17:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Don't do it!!!

You will wipe the file system within mydocs, folders and all.
I think I have to face reality and do what I hate the most, reflash, don't even know how

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
there you go

Alternatively I can wait for PR1.3 maybe it will fix this error.

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
I think I have to face reality and do what I hate the most, reflash, don't even know how
I feel for you dude I'm trying to salvage a corrupt flash and lost mydocs partition as we speak. The APE algorithm message is not nice to see. Just remember to take your time, read the guide thoroughly before attempting to flash.

Like the old adage says "measure twice, cut once".

And for those who see the irony in me saying that... I did get my come uppance and took my bloody finger off

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Atlanta
You can possibly recover the deleted images with testdisk / photorec

Ideally Harmattan would have a switch that makes the USB disk mounting read-only.