Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Don't worry, it all happened a long time ago...
...but somehow in the future?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Getting some complaints about the overly political (& off-topic) nature of discussion lately in this thread;
Tone it down folks, back to the main topic at hand please, I don't want to start moving/deleting posts etc.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Getting some complaints about the overly political (& off-topic) nature of discussion lately in this thread;
Tone it down folks, back to the main topic at hand please, I don't want to start moving/deleting posts etc.
Finally some solid moderations. Haven’t seen that since texrat. Usually mods go full blown attacks and handing out angry PMs and infractions points or bans. Take it slow and let the users adjust!

GJ!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

@jalyst,

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
[...] Take it slow and let the users adjust!
I fully agree (... to Dave! ).

Actually, the users on this thread and others at TMO have proven to moderate themselves quite well (one of the reasons why I enjoy the conversations on TMO so much).

It is rather calling for a moderator instead of kindly asking to cease an overly off-topic / political discussion first (e.g. as @mosen did, which successfully ended discussing the original rant and its single harsh reply), which I perceive as disturbing.

As long as a conversation is apparently fruitful (technically, intellectually or in any other way) for the majority of participants, IMO there is no reason to call "the police"; otherwise we may end up in defunct conversations due to the enforced use of "politically correct" language (as @Dave999 depicted).

P.S.: ... or discuss StarWars analogies.

Last edited by olf; 2018-09-17 at 19:18.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
It just crossed my mind that I actually don’t know how this “situation “ was handled at all

But let’s assume it was a solid and peaceful slow moderation without any pms or infractions or any other war crimes .

Yes! Peaceful!

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Some folks might want to take a cue from Linus...

https://www-pcgamer-com.cdn.ampproje...al-attitude%2F

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
How do you consider Microsoft vs Russia when it comes to success in the mobile octagon.

What can russia learn from Microsoft to be more successful and save money? Do they have better or worse position to be able to create a healthy ecosystem?

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-09-18 at 18:01.

You keep making the same mistake. Russia as a country doesn't want to be 'successfull' in the 'mobile octagon'.
Russia doesn't care about phones, except in general ability to have something that's not under NATO control.

And the farther it stays from internal Jolla processes, the better it is for all of us.
And especially nobody in Russia wants to save money in this process. Money flows from oil export and taxpayers who aren't asked if they want it or not.

Eventually it's about getting money from government by playing on the fears of politics and military people of western domination and bugged ios/android.

The Following User Says Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Sailfish Mobile OS RUS (or whatever it's going to be rebranded) isn't planned as any "healthy ecosystem" competitor. On the contrary, it's a B2B/B2G self-hosted infrastructure solution. Something like RIM used to provide for their Blackbery Mail-PIM-Push gateway servers and/or single-task embedded devices.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wx9 For This Useful Post:
So who wants to use these phones?