Originally Posted by Pogi View Post
does not work on windows 7 the drivers will not install "Nokia Usb Rom", I did manage to make it work on linux ubuntu after two days
care to tell us how you got it working on Linux?

I was trying to flash my n900. When i ran the first command, it found the device then it says booting into flash mode but the phone just hangs there and doesn't respond. I waited 20 mins but it's still not responding. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Originally Posted by mysticxknight View Post
I was trying to flash my n900. When i ran the first command, it found the device then it says booting into flash mode but the phone just hangs there and doesn't respond. I waited 20 mins but it's still not responding. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks
Am having the same problem....the stupid thing kicks out of flasher mode which froze the update process..

doss log:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Image 'mmc', size 241163 kB
Version RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA
Suitable USB device not found, waiting.
USB device found found at bus bus-0, device address \\.\libusb0-0001--0x0421-0x0
Found device RX-51, hardware revision 2101
NOLO version 1.4.14
Version of 'sw-release': RX-51_2009SE_3.2010.02-8.002_PR_002
Booting device into flash mode.
Suitable USB device not found, waiting.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now What?

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Ok....i found out I needed SP3 for Windows XP....

Flash ran like it suppose to!

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland, Aaland Islands
Originally Posted by Pogi View Post
does not work on windows 7 the drivers will not install "Nokia Usb Rom", I did manage to make it work on linux ubuntu after two days
I flashed OS on W7 without any problems, didn't flash MMC so not sure bout that part.

Only thing that I did differently from this guide was to run the cmd promt as administrator.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
Originally Posted by snookh View Post
I flashed OS on W7 without any problems, didn't flash MMC so not sure bout that part.

Only thing that I did differently from this guide was to run the cmd promt as administrator.
How do you do this?? I can't get mine to reflash using Win7 = even tried the compatibility trouble shooter but no joy.

Tried to take the phone back to the Nokia Service Center in town twice but they aren't open - again.

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
As Andre says, this is already on the Wiki.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
Still cant get mine to flash with Win7

Tried as Admin. Tried compatibility troubleshooter on xp sp3 and vista sp2 but when I flash the OS is just goes straight to the command line without doing anything.

Doing my nut in now,

Please,

I'm facing an error code 1 while reflashing Vanilla. N900 the freezes and battery has to be removed. The proble is that my 32Gb drive does not work since then and also the Camera and so on... Does anyone have any clue? I've tried both on XP and Ubuntu. Same problem persists.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Wrocław / Poland
Hi,

I have flashed N900 on Windows 7 (32 bit version). eMMS to.

In this place you can find screenshots from Windows cmd. I have used flasher 3.5. This is Polish version of "how to flash yours N900 on Windows."

http://maemopl.wordpress.com/2010/02...przeprowadzic/