Active Topics

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
I vote for Macros.

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
#2 robthebold

So much chaos here that I couldn't participate.

The Following User Says Thank You to shanttu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
I vote for Macros.
me too
10ch

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following User Says Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
I vote for Macros
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
As we are already way overdue
I opened a thread for next months theme so you can start planning and capturing right now.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...33#post1526433

Have fun

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Well, as it happened I did not get to vote at all this time

Maybe that is only best since this was my pick for topic... I would have liked to see more entries but maybe it was just the wrong time to arrange tho competition... I hope the April topic attracts more people in!

So, the final poll was;
Macros, 4 votes (catbus, vetsin, theonelaw, mr_pingu)
robthebold, 2 votes ( Macros, shanttu)
juiceme, 0 votes
catbus, 0 votes

It's of course too late to cry over spilled milk and I have no excuse for being late except having had immense workload lately, but anyway for posterity here's my "light scrutiny" again on the competition entries;

#1. juiceme, Jolla 1, "Chaos Artists"
The disadvantages of poor optics become evident on this kind of capture where the dark tones dominate; sharpness is quite bad and the image appears a bit blurred. Image is fairly flat with all interesting detail on one plane. Colours come out nicely and make an interesting pattern. The main subjects, artists are captured immersed in their craft. Small details in the surroundings give out hints of the urban environment
#2. robthebold, OnePlus X / SFOS, "Spring Break in Park"
Lots of interesting detail in multiple levels, the "order" part neatly surrounded with the "chaos" part all around it, very good idea. Leaves in trees are partly burnt through but not distracting. Bonus points for fitting so many people in the frame.
#3. Macros, Nokia 808 Pureview, "Workplace"
Good setting, the contrast between the tidy and chaotic desks is well presented. The angle of the picture is a bit so-and-so, altough it does create good lead lines it is difficult to capture an overall balanced and pleasing image this way. It seems to me the image is not as sharp as one would expect from a capture with 808?
#4. catbus, N9, "Fence"
The fence is nice symmetric backdrop, even though the road behind is all the way burned. The chaotic elements should perhaps be even more unorderly to illuminate the idea to fullest. Good massing, density increases evenly towards the right edge.
My vote this month would have gone to @robthebold.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Thank you for rounding it up juiceme.
It was just, that I didn't know when you would be back, as you also missed starting the voting phase. So I started the topic while being two votes ahead. As you have done the roundup, nobody stops you from including your vote. (I too would have preferred not to crown myself)

The angle on my picture was forced by the wall behind me.
The poor sharpness comes from missing light. Like every phone the 808 looses quite a bit of quality in bad lighting, even the Xenon flash doesn't help if the object is further away than a meter. I could have waited till the next morning, missing the deadline, but who knows how far the chaos would have spread by then

Last edited by Macros; 2017-04-04 at 22:12.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well, as it happened I did not get to vote at all this time
S..t häppens...

#4. catbus, N9, "Fence"
The fence is nice symmetric backdrop, even though the road behind is all the way burned. The chaotic elements should perhaps be even more unorderly to illuminate the idea to fullest. Good massing, density increases evenly towards the right edge.
Thanks. That was my idea to show that if you go too much right there is chaos... Left also... And behind every chaos is the fence (not a woman). Also... Winter is coming...

FYI That burned thing behind fence is snow, not road

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, competition