Notices

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
There's no need to do anything except restart the browser once or maybe twice. There's already a patterns.ini file in there that works perfectly fine for me and many others, which is how it got into extras to begin with.
It would be great for example to have a test page for the plugin somewhere where users can check if the extension works or not.

Microb has some sort of bug in it that causes plugins to not immediately be recognized and it goes back to Nokia's official versions of these plugins that were released for OS2008. That's why the browser restart is needed, but for some reason, it doesn't always take right away. This isn't my fault and there's nothing I can do about it.
Are there already bug reports for these issues in bugs.maemo.org?

Other than that, the plugin works and has always worked fine for me and most of the community.
But it doesn't work for everybody. I would really love to use it and to give feedback.

The person that posted that it was not optified made a mistake and wanted to take back what he said as you can see in his comments.
That's correct. But as I wrote in my first posting there are other things.

As far as I'm concerned, there aren't any blockers with the package. Even Andre, Tim and other big names in the community thumbed it up and if anyone is going to catch any real issues, it's those guys.
It's really good to hear that other people have no problem with using it. But as I wrote it does not work for everybody.

By the way, if you want to know why there isn't a section for Adblock in Bugzilla, it's because I was told no when I asked.
What was the reason? Every piece of software should have a place to track bugs somewhere. And bugs.maemo.org has an special section for every application in the extras repository. Pleas se also: http://wiki.maemo.org/Bugs:Adding_Extra_products

I'd like to go back to working on it, but since my N900 is broken and I still haven't received a response from Nokia...
I keep my finger crossed to you that there will be a replacement device soon.

Until there is a place to track the bugs and place to test the plugin I vote for removing it from extras. What do you think?

Me on twitter

Last edited by jukey; 2009-12-13 at 19:41.

one of the things i had to do was go to about:config and enable it. it was disabled by default (granted, i tried v1.1.1 from .xpi)

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by jukey View Post
What was the reason?
I wasn't given a reason.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
By the way, if you want to know why there isn't a section for Adblock in Bugzilla, it's because I was told no when I asked.
Uh? When, by whom?
At least in my Inbox I cannot see any request when searching for "Adblock" in all messages.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Uh? When, by whom?
At least in my Inbox I cannot see any request when searching for "Adblock" in all messages.
Me, probably, as this was before (or just after) the bug tracker requirement was implemented.

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Any chance to get a section in bugs.maemo.org?

My suggestion is to have a new component called: "AdBlock Plus2 (component) in "Extras" (Classification) --> "Browser Extras" (Product).

Ciao Uwe

Me on twitter

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
So may the maintainer send me an email if (s)he wants to be in Maemo Bugzilla, as written on http://wiki.maemo.org/Bugs:Adding_Extra_products ? :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I'll do that as soon as Nokia stops ignoring my issue and at least tells me what can be done about my broken N900.

A broken N900 and having Adblock in Bugzilla are quite unrelated to each other I'd say, but as you like... :-)

They're deeply related to each other for me. If I can't get a response to my problem, I'm not going to be very motivated to work on fixing anything.

Besides, to this point, any and all bugs or problems people have mentioned can all be laid at the feet of the MicroB developers since there's nothing I can do to fix them - they're all issues with how MicroB handles extensions.