Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Nokia Corporation (“Nokia”) and Hildon Foundation (“Hildon”) have announced an agreement regarding assigning Nokia’s Maemo trademarks, domain names and trademark applications to Hildon. The agreement includes the Maemo community website, www.maemo.org.

Nokia has been the owner of the features of the Maemo brand that have been used in connection with mobile devices and software distributed by Nokia, as well as supporting the maintenance of the Maemo Website for the Maemo community. Nokia has transferred the Maemo brand features to Hildon, who will continue to support the Maemo community.

Hildon shall assume the full responsibility and liability for the maintenance and support of all the activity that is and will be on-going on the Maemo Website. For clarity, Hildon is not responsible for customer support for Nokia mobile devices using Maemo, such as N900 and/or N9. Following the acquisition of substantially all of Nokia’s Devices & Services business by Microsoft in April 2014, Microsoft is now responsible for the support of Nokia branded mobile devices. Local contact details can be found at www.nokia.com/global/wayfinder.

source: http://hildonfoundation.org/agreemen...ion-announced/

AWESOME NEWS!!!!!

The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Features and Brand, fine.. but what exactly do I have to understand under "trademark applications"?
For example MicroB included will the source code be transferred to Hildon as well?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 248 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Eindhoven, Netherlands
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Features and Brand, fine.. but what exactly do I have to understand under "trademark applications"?
For example MicroB included will the source code be transferred to Hildon as well?
I think the amount of time to wait for the applications to be open sourced by Nokia is bigger than the amount of time to reverse engineer them.

Phones: Motorola Moto G 2nd gen | Nokia N900
Tablet: Dell Venue 8 Pro 5830
SBC: Raspberry Pi 2

Proud supporter of open source software

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ariadeno For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
how long it will take to reverse engineer this?

http://maemo.org/packages/view/sharing-service-flickr/

we need it to fix flickr photo sharing

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...26#post1443026

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Excellent news. Now we onely need to get our hands on Maemo source and we can release maemo6 for neo900.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Excellent news. Now we onely need to get our hands on Maemo source
Piece of cake, I guess Blackwater Inc. will like this job better than fighting IS or something?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
I probably should have given this news a thread of its' own in the first place.
Instead I burried it here... already two weeks ago...
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
Is the thread sticky?
Best wishes. Thank you.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
The announcement is on the front door of maemo.org, it is an announcement and not a discussion topic. There is not much to gain from this, apart of HiFo owns the trademark and maemo.org officially now. As said several times over the last years now, we did not get any closed sources from Nokia.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New York
Look like a great news for Nokia Corporation and Hildon Foundation