Closed Thread
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3

list of candidates Council election Apr-2012
Thanks freak!
We got May meanwhile, if you haven't noticed. Suggesting such a crappy link was all anybody ever needs for getting to know about council election, well, that tells a lot about your own "rationality"

btw also thanks for absolutely confirming what I said about you in my prev post. Of course you can consider maemo and its community whatever you like, but honestly don't expect anybody taking you and your weird notion (and yes, your trolling) any serious

I just idly wonder how high on mods' pending-ban-list you rank.

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
[...]

I just idly wonder how high on mods' pending-ban-list you rank.

/j
give it you best shot

@ misterc

I do not like the situation that you offend Estel the way you did. He is doing something, and as I can see soem people like his idea on new casing for N900. You don't have to like his vision of TMO but that is the place where voting comes in and where people can decide what vison they support. Offending Estel isn't welcommed here. I think that the majority will agree with me on this.

I do understand that my English isn't perfect and as I write from N900 I do not have spell checking and my writing may sound strange so sorry for that. But again. Not everyone is a native spekaer and not everyone can have great language skills.

One way or the other I hope that you stop the things you do.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
@ misterc

I do not like the situation that you offend Estel the way you did.
then follow his advice...
or do you post on his behalf?

He is doing something, and as I can see soem people like his idea on new casing for N900. You don't have to like his vision of TMO but that is the place where voting comes in and where people can decide what vison they support. Offending Estel isn't welcommed here. I think that the majority will agree with me on this.
he put me on ignore and quite a few posters (on a different thread) disagreed with him treating me as a troll and putting ppl on one's ignore list as a general rule.
my disagreement with Estel was from a few weeks ago when he was one of the two or three candidates to the council and wouldn't have needed to be elected neither.
meanwhile there are seven candidates and honestly? he amuses me. disdains abill_uk but isn't much different and, in a way, much more dangerous to the Maemo Community then Bill ever could have been with his ranting about the USB port

I do understand that my English isn't perfect and as I write from N900 I do not have spell checking and my writing may sound strange so sorry for that. But again. Not everyone is a native spekaer and not everyone can have great language skills. [...]
English isn't my native language neither.
if i had applied the same logic you do about 15 years ago when i started browsing the I-Net and posting on forums (i.e. it isn't my language excuses all and any mistake i make...) i would still be making posts like someone who isn't speaking English (fluently).
it's called Netiquette
look it up, you might learn a thing or two...

after all, the N900 is a NIT ¦-)))))))))))

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Please stop these offensive posts they aren't helping anyone. Misterc, I was the first to defend you when you were attacked, but making things personal never helps. On the other hand guys, if someone attacks you, don't bother, there are plenty of people wrong on the internet, and any intelligent person will understand what is a pointless attack and what is useful disagreement by just reading the thread. Spiralling to flamewars and personal attacks makes both parties lose any credibility.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
+ we got quite effective ignoring system, which I really encourage everyone to use. Unfed troll is dead troll.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Please stop these offensive posts they aren't helping anyone. Misterc, I was the first to defend you when you were attacked, but making things personal never helps. On the other hand guys, if someone attacks you, don't bother, there are plenty of people wrong on the internet, and any intelligent person will understand what is a pointless attack and what is useful disagreement by just reading the thread. Spiralling to flamewars and personal attacks makes both parties lose any credibility.
thank you for stepping in / being a voice of reason
discussion is pointless, indeed.
Estel has his (their?) ideas and will have to defend / sell them to the other members of the Council, once it is in function.
this in itself is all that matters now (that there are enough candidates)

apologies for "upsetting" the thread.
tried to keep it "cool" (n.b. not )

EDIT: one can't help wondering if "ignore list" is the only answer he knows to criticism (except, maybe (?), using a 2nd ID to defend himself...) how Estel is going to fare in the Council...

Last edited by misterc; 2012-05-14 at 12:43. Reason: ignore, multiple IDs (?)

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Greetings,
how can i get an invitation to "The Extras Assistant"? I have requested invite via web form (https://garage.maemo.org/extras-assi...tation_request) but got an automatic reply that Stefano Mosconi left nokia at 30th April, and i cant get approved.

I would like to queue new package versions of "nelisquare" to Fremantle extras-devel, as i have released a huge update to it, and continue developing requested features ( http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...44#post1204544 and new project place at github: https://github.com/custodian/nelisquare ).

I have already become a package maintainer - http://maemo.org/packages/view/nelisquare/

Thank you,
Basil

Last edited by Custodian; 2012-05-14 at 12:28.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
Greetings,
how can i get an invitation to "The Extras Assistant"? I have requested invite via web form (https://garage.maemo.org/extras-assi...tation_request) but got an automatic reply that Stefano Mosconi left nokia at 30th April, and i cant get approved.

I would like to queue new package versions of "nelisquare" to Fremantle extras-devel, as i have released a huge update to it, and continue developing requested features ( http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...44#post1204544 and new project place at github: https://github.com/custodian/nelisquare ).

I have already become a package maintainer - http://maemo.org/packages/view/nelisquare/

Thank you,
Basil
If you already are a maintainer you should already have upload rights? I thought that anyone with a garage account can use the autobuilder and upload stuff into extras-devel. If that isn't the case who currently can grant the permission? That surely isn't something that should be done by Nokia personnel. Something doesn't sound right here.

Anyway. I'd urge you to bring this up in the community mailing list. You are more likely to draw the attention of the correct people there.

The Following User Says Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Thank you, my question solved - i got an invitation.

Permission required to use web assistant - it's easy to use wizard less possibility of making mistakes during dput or scp.

The Following User Says Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
council