Notices

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Is the death of Flash premature?

In many ways I am glad to see the back of it.

It is a resource-hogging, closed-sourced (shouldn't the web be based on open protocols?), battery-draining pain-in-the-bum.

Also the worst way to play embedded video!

Anyone else agree?

I'm confused - I agree with Steve Jobs "..an outdated desktop technology.." - but I don't like his views or company (anymore).

I need cake.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I'm happy that it's challenged. I don't think html5 is better, but the fact that adobe's position is challenged would lead them to 'perform' better.

In the end, the customers should win.

ps: it's a lie, John.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

There is a thread about this already if somebody would like to merge them

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=52800

I would like to see google producing there own version of flash, flash is a great tool and allows for people to easily create great content, like movies and games etc but at the same time it's power mad!

I REALLY hope that apple's version does not take off as apple has a great way of turning something simple into something great and after a number of years it all goes down the bog! An iflash would be just as bad if not worse than the actual flash but it would be great to see an open version.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
what. No one has their information right. The issue is only flash 9.

Flash 9 is terrible on a mobile device. Its a resource hog and has NO gpu support so its all software rendered.

Flash 10.1 which is coming out soon has been optimized and HAS gpu support. Flash 10.1 should be amazing on the n900. Everything should be smooth as it will run through the GPU.

when this issue is fixed i dont see a problem. flash was the best thing to happen to the internet

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chennai, India
Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
Flash 10.1 should be amazing on the n900.
Are we really going to see this so soon? Maybe one myth at a time pls

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Well maybe it is changing, it will be used more for stuff like http://newgrounds.com, and less for other things.