Gizmodo did a writeup on it, but the Mylo seems to be the first real threat to the 770. It is a small wifi device that focuses on internet browsing (using Opera), VOIP via skype, text messaging via Yahoo and GTalk (how the hell is Google getting this much coverage when almost no one uses it?) and extensive media capabilities. Given that it has a big focus on media, the 1GB of internal RAM and support for Memory Sticks is pretty cool.

It is supposed to cost around $350. If Skype is well implemented and the browsing is decent, it could well end up replacing my 770. The link to Gizmodo is below and they have a video review of it.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/wireless/...ing-192676.php

Well, sort of. Screen is tiny, no mention of bluetooth or OS, available apps, etc.

But I would kill for a slider thumbboard for my 770.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Los Angeles
Looks nice, but the 320x240 resolution screen kinda kills it.

Originally Posted by Tweak
Yep. .

Originally Posted by Tweak

and what about an opensource os? and dev environment..and..and..

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
It's a Sony.

So I won't buy it. Who knows what kind of spyware those *rseh*les are hiding away in there?

Other than that, it looks like the perfect device for the Mike Canes of this world: shiny, bright colour accents, big buttons...

It looks like a toy. May be good for kids, and 770 is for advanced users.

It is also only a 2.4in screen

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
i got all excited until I saw the 320 by 240 pixel resolution on a tiny screen

BUT why can't we get SKYPE on our 770's? Google Talk was crippled by lack of multi-party calling on the day it was issued, and despite the passage of a year, STILL does not have multi-party. I can't call my brothers...they have simply stopped using Google Talk. Nokia struck a "nice" corporate deal with Google...but they should let us have SKYPE as well.