Nice application but unfortunately it’s useless for me. The phone still rings once before the blocked call is dropped

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Strangely this app works perfect here, hhmmm

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by besttt View Post
if failed some times that means that the progame does not work
not really actually... The first few days after i uninstalled FasterN9, it did allow a few SMS's thru that it should have blocked. Now, it seems to be rock-solid and working fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to PhatApteryx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ perpetuity
Hi, I recently updated to PR 1.3 using Nokia Suite and promptly reinstalled all applications including the latest version of Firewall+ Pro. No modifications (Inception, FasterN9, etc.) are installed. I copied the old firewallpluspro.db file from PR 1.2 as I thought it would be easier than retyping all of the entries and previous settings once I upgrade.

Then I noticed now that it does not block messages and calls according to the parameters I have set. It works perfectly before in PR 1.2. Is my problem directly related to me copying the old database file or is this an inherent of the program with the new PR 1.3 version? Any other users having problems using Firewall+ Pro with PR 1.3 (without copying the old database)? Just a heads up for this highly practical application.

Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to known For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by known View Post
Hi, I recently updated to PR 1.3 using Nokia Suite and promptly reinstalled all applications including the latest version of Firewall+ Pro. No modifications (Inception, FasterN9, etc.) are installed. I copied the old firewallpluspro.db file from PR 1.2 as I thought it would be easier than retyping all of the entries and previous settings once I upgrade.

Then I noticed now that it does not block messages and calls according to the parameters I have set. It works perfectly before in PR 1.2. Is my problem directly related to me copying the old database file or is this an inherent of the program with the new PR 1.3 version? Any other users having problems using Firewall+ Pro with PR 1.3 (without copying the old database)? Just a heads up for this highly practical application.

Cheers.
I updated from 1.2 to 1.3 via Navifirm/flasher - essentially a full flash including EMMC.

I did numerous flash in 1.2 and have been backing up and copying the firewallpluspro.db. The trick for me is to replace the .db file with my back up before opening FireWall+ Pro, setting up the parameters, and then rebooting my N9's.

No problem whatsoever with PR1.3 on one of my N9's. My other one is still on PR1.2 and all works well.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlinkThinks For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ perpetuity
Originally Posted by BlinkThinks View Post
I updated from 1.2 to 1.3 via Navifirm/flasher - essentially a full flash including EMMC.

I did numerous flash in 1.2 and have been backing up and copying the firewallpluspro.db. The trick for me is to replace the .db file with my back up before opening FireWall+ Pro, setting up the parameters, and then rebooting my N9's.

No problem whatsoever with PR1.3 on one of my N9's. My other one is still on PR1.2 and all works well.
Thanks for the quick reply, BlinkThinks. I believe I opened Firewall+ Pro before replacing the database file. Let me see if it works by following your method.

Originally Posted by besttt View Post
Nice application but unfortunately it’s useless for me. The phone still rings once before the blocked call is dropped
Hi besttt,
Sorry for response so lately.

I optimized the implement for callblocking but I'm not sure if this can solve the issue you mentioned.
I just pm you, plz check.

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Hey guys just installed the App and gave it a test drive, as besttt said, it's doen't completely block the call, it rings a couple of times first before blocking it. Same applies to the one I had before, Call Blocker, the same thing happens, so I thought I should try this one but it does the same thing, so it doesn't help much if U have a Stoker that U wanna block silently. Secondly, since I was using my wife's phone for testing, I had to put her in the Blacklist, when I was done I removed her from the list but the App continued Blocking her, so I switched it off completely, any workaround here? Haven't checked SMSs yet! I'm using 1.3.0 on PR.1.3

Last edited by Muzimak; 2012-07-17 at 15:58.

Version 1.50 is up. However, I can't download from OVI store (as usual!!!!)

Whoever's in charge of Nokia Store for Meego apps really needs a whacking in the head!!

Last edited by BlinkThinks; 2012-07-26 at 21:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlinkThinks For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BlinkThinks View Post
Version 1.50 is up. However, I can't download from OVI store (as usual!!!!)

Whoever's in charge of Nokia Store for Meego apps really needs a whacking in the head!!

Easy...Just drop you the package Plz check...