Active Topics

Originally Posted by jedi View Post
I'm not the only one who has read the instructions!

Thnks a ton bro i read the instructions...just didn't have the heart to install a crack and risk a virus infection

(P.S. am still on vista )

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by sLumPia View Post
maybe my question not related to this thread, but I don't want to create new thread

Is it possible to change the device autolock timeout? say 1 minute or 30 seconds
Or maybe to change the device lock behaviour to lock the device everytime I turn off the display.
Is this possible?
I *really* hate to leave my N900 unlock for 5 minutes when I was charging it.
Cmon, you are not serious, or?
Menu - System Settings - Section General, Device lock

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Hello guys, I lost my lovely N900, had lock code enabled. It is likely steal my data? or I can be quiet.

thanks !!!

I'm not looking for a "how to". I just want to rest assured that my data will not be easily stolen.

Last edited by edie.cook; 2012-05-22 at 19:10.

Originally Posted by edie.cook View Post
Hello guys, I lost my lovely N900, had lock code enabled. It is likely steal my data? or I can be quiet.

thanks !!!

I'm not looking for a "how to". I just want to rest assured that my data will not be easily stolen.

anyone can give me an answer? I am worried about my loss.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Data on external SD card is for sure not safe (unless encrypted with truecrypt or similar).

Data on eMMC (internal 32GB) might be safe, depending on what firmware you have.
AFAIK until PR1.2 the device could get reenabled with flashing only rootfs/optfs (combined).
But with PR1.3 for enabling a locked device also the eMMC (vanilla image) needs to be flashed.

So in case of PR1.3, your data should be safe. (Would like to get this confirmed.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Data on external SD card is for sure not safe (unless encrypted with truecrypt or similar).

Data on eMMC (internal 32GB) might be safe, depending on what firmware you have.
AFAIK until PR1.2 the device could get reenabled with flashing only rootfs/optfs (combined).
But with PR1.3 for enabling a locked device also the eMMC (vanilla image) needs to be flashed.

So in case of PR1.3, your data should be safe. (Would like to get this confirmed.)

peterleinchen, thanks thanks. My N900 lost:

- PR1.3 + CSSU + Power kernel multiboot
- without external SD card

I'll sleep more peaceful. Thanks again for answering.

If you use RescueOS or other bootable system for Maemo which is booted from flasher, eMMC and rootfs can be read without problem.

So *nothing* is safe unless is *strong* encrypted!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
If you use RescueOS or other bootable system for Maemo which is booted from flasher, eMMC and rootfs can be read without problem.

So *nothing* is safe unless is *strong* encrypted!
pali... then, put lock code is not very sure? or "use RescueOS or bootable system" is very difficult, and the person with my n900, will not invest time on this.?

for me it is simple: just download rescue os image from internet and start flasher with specified commands... and then eMMC will be exported as mass storage to pc.

pali, mmm.. then lock code is not completely secure. You, what method use to protect your data on the N900?

Tags
devicelock, nokia n900