Active Topics

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Nope, i've updated my Nexus5 yesterday, and doing it now again.
Indeed I trying now using zypper lets hope I does not break my FP2 to lazy take backup....

Edit: Update worked :P Now lets hope battery is not drained as fast as before update

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2016-10-06 at 20:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Veska, Czech Rep.
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Indeed I trying now using zypper lets hope I does not break my FP2 to lazy take backup....
Updated my FP2 yesterday via ssh with:
Code:
ssu release 2.0.4.13
version --dup
and everything's fine, even better than before!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jamar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by jamar View Post
Updated my FP2 yesterday via ssh with:
Code:
ssu release 2.0.4.13
version --dup
and everything's fine, even better than before!
How is the phone call audio quality for FP2? Can both you and the caller hear properly?

Interested to know because my Nexus 5, caller can't hear me or gets a lot of echo/static, etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Veska, Czech Rep.
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
How is the phone call audio quality for FP2? Can both you and the caller hear properly?

Interested to know because my Nexus 5, caller can't hear me or gets a lot of echo/static, etc.
For me the call audio quality is fine, clear and without any artifacts. And now with updated adaptation, where the call volume setting is fixed, also loud enough. As for the caller, I can't tell, didn't tested it myself, but I'm using FP2 with Sailfish as my main phone for about a month and so far nobody had any complaints.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jamar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
sorry for jumping in, but this is my back tattoo

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Nope, i've updated my Nexus5 yesterday, and doing it now again.
Well, I botched mine for good

Started update this morning, download packages went well but it hang during install. killed process, started again and got a bit further on before hanging again.
After killing it second time could not massage it back to shape again, so decided to reboot which did not go well, it's not booting any more; bummer.

Lucky I had this old sbj1 with me, am using it now until I get home and can reflash the SFOS image to my Nexus...
I have of course nightly rsync copy of my home so nothing's lost really except time...

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well, I botched mine for good

Started update this morning, download packages went well but it hang during install. killed process, started again and got a bit further on before hanging again.
After killing it second time could not massage it back to shape again, so decided to reboot which did not go well, it's not booting any more; bummer.

Lucky I had this old sbj1 with me, am using it now until I get home and can reflash the SFOS image to my Nexus...
I have of course nightly rsync copy of my home so nothing's lost really except time...
Have you tried to SSH into the non booting nexus? If it doesn't show the GUI, it can still be accessible via SSH and you can continue the update process. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=158

Last edited by mautz; 2016-10-07 at 12:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Have you tried to SSH into the non booting nexus? If it doesn't show the GUI, it can still be accessible via SSH and you can continue the update process. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=158
No,it was complete doorstop, did not run mer-boat far enough to be able to SSH in.

No problem however, just flashed the original image back, rsynced the last night's backup in and am now redownloading the update

As I said, nothing lost since I have pretty good automatic backup

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
With the new browser engine Twitter is now a joy to use (hint: uses the newer UI).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Has anyone with Moto G (2013) succeeded upgrading to 2.0.4?

I got the black screen. but I'm probably going to try again with SSH enabled...

EDIT: Well, I checked it, and OTA does not work because there is no working repo for some essential rpms, such as some libhybris and pulseaudio-modules, as well as two Moto G falcon specific rpms. They simply get removed in the upgrade.

Last edited by Manatus; 2016-10-08 at 12:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post: