Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post

If you manage to revive the Lauta concept, you can sign me in for two devices already.

Do you plan on having some kind of official Jolla partnership (and therefore Alien Dalvik), or would it be a community-ported device?
Thanks for the support!

Yes I want to have full Sailfish OS for it, that depends on the budget, I can only say it's my target, but I'm working on it...

We need a device that is other than a screen, and a different OS other than Android and iOS, and I'm working on that!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
If I get Youyota tablet, I actually could use my Lastu case (which I paid but which was not delivered to me) so Dave's question is somewhat relevant to me. Offtopic but slightly interesting.
Both tablets have Hall Sensor so the case should be compatible in theory.

But not guaranteed 100% though... As stated they are different products...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Collecting money is the easy part.
Not that easy, takes 15 working days...

But thanks hope this time it all goes well.

Originally Posted by jalomann View Post
Thank you for the effort.

Was black 64GB added after campaign start? I ordered 32GB black because I didn't see black 64GB on first day.
Thanks. Yes it was added later. Looks like there is a high demand on the 64GB in black.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Thanks for the support!

Yes I want to have full Sailfish OS for it, that depends on the budget, I can only say it's my target, but I'm working on it...

We need a device that is other than a screen, and a different OS other than Android and iOS, and I'm working on that!
You can be sure that you'll receive strong support in that task from TMO. Most people still alive here are here either to complain about Jolla (but doing so because, even though they regret the death of Meego, they actually like Jolla for being the only company to successfully offer an alternative) or because they still miss their N900/N9 and cry fortnightly when they remember the Lauta concept. And as niche as TMO can be, it shows a need.

I've read in the previous pages that, unfortunately, you think something compact as the N9 or Jolla would not be possible with today's hardware. That's a bit sad, I think it would really make sense for a HW-keyboard smartphone to have a 4.5" screen (after all the screen estate is not 40% obstructed by a touch keyboard) and it would keep it under the brick-size threshold even though it'd come with a keyboard, but I bet the device would still be widely acclaimed here even it had to be bigger than that. I'm eagerly looking forward to see (and order) what you'll come up with. Please keep up the great work.

And now look at me dreaming about a digitizer/stylus on top of the keyboard and Lauta form factor, even though I know it's even more unlikely.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
So I've just backed the tablet (red bundle).

Even though I actually have the original Jolla Tablet (was not lucky enough to actually get it from Jolla but bought it from a friend) there are several reasons why I backed another one:
  • red color!
  • more space (the tablet I have has 32 GB of storage, so I might not have to use a uSD card)
  • hardware backup (I really like Sailfish OS on a tablet and no other officially supported Tablet hardware is on the horizon)
  • more devices - hopefully more support for this Sailfish OS platform variant (tablet form factor & x86)
  • showing support for a really nice & needed project (hardware almost by the community for the community - which has been so far mostly the realm of fiction)
  • some remote possibility of also running non-Sailfish OS distros, such as Fedora, on the tablet in the future (Fedora can already be booted on the tablet via an OTG cable but not everything works correctly right now - that should hopefully improve thanks to Hans de Goede)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by indie carmayne View Post
@Chen :
Let me ask a question as I couldn't find the answer anywhere: When exactly will the credit cards be charged? At campaign's end (July) or when the gadgets are shipping (September, if all goes well?) I only have a 500 Euro limit on my credit card so might have to fill it up in time).
To me it looks like when you back the project, ie when you contribute to it.

And we only get the money 15 working days after it finishes... The time between is where IGG makes their income

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Hello,

just found about this! Sorry if I didn't read the 63 pages so probably it has already been asked.... wouldn't it possible to have a tablet with 3g support?

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Is the red of the tablet the same as the Jolla poppy/coral red? From the IGG campaign, the two pictures below show different colors so I'm not sure which one to trust:

https://c1.iggcdn.com/indiegogo-medi...hyjxafxfrc.jpg
https://c1.iggcdn.com/indiegogo-medi...w9wpzh7xgw.jpg

This will decide whether I keep my red bundle, or if I go for a black one instead.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
chenliangchen, check please HW revision of motherboard. Dev guys says there is a problem in earlier revisions causing touchscreen IRQ controller to drain battery.
Can you confirm which version has this problem? The one we are currently using is Rev 4.0. Thank you!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os