Notices

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by computerinfo21 View Post
Here are screenshots of the hildon dialog before and after my changes, the top blurry section is where you touch to close the dialog, which is standard for any hildon app so users are used to it. Since it won't work for Maemo 4 though probably best to not merge it into source.
Ah, I see. The screenshots are quite different from the maemo4 hildon version, where the buttons are shown at the dialog's bottom, using much less space.
The difference is too big to be ignored, so since we already can differentiate between maemo4 and maemo5, I'll import your UI optimization.

Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Ah, I see. The screenshots are quite different from the maemo4 hildon version, where the buttons are shown at the dialog's bottom, using much less space.
The difference is too big to be ignored, so since we already can differentiate between maemo4 and maemo5, I'll import your UI optimization.
Ah, makes sense why the buttons are over there then. Since the dialog size can't be 800x480 like the code requests, that is how gtk crammed everything on the screen.

Maemo 5 also uses "stackable windows" more often than dialogs, and since they can be full screen I considered re-writing the dialog code. But then decided it would be better to leave it as close to the original code as possible since the minor change already made it much more usable than it was. Now thinking about the differences between Maemo 4 and 5 it definitely seems better this way.

Played zim for a while. Have the following questions/suggestions:
1. How to scroll page down/up using's n810's zoom in/zoom out keys. There is a ini file to modify, but I only find place to modify for fullscreen mode not scrolling
2. Would be nice to zoom in/zoom out, this may not be trivia but very useful when you decide to invest a lots of time on writing in zim
3. Thinking equation plugin. There is one in upstream, but not in mameo obvious because of large latex dependency. Then I did a lots of search, from ayama to lyx. Finally I found a package SVGMath, which is a command line tool to convert mathml to svg. So, equations can be inserted just like diagram plugin using graphviz. Can this be done in zim? or I should speak out in zim upstream site
4. Finally, can color scheme be implemented in zim? At night, you'd like a darker color for reading
Some of the issues above make me hesitate to do a lot of writing using zim. I'd very much put all of my personal knowledge base in zim.

I finally figured out the first one in "question/suggestions" listed above (my own post).Here is what I do to use zoom keys to do page scroll up/down, in case someone needs it:
1. find the source /usr/lib/zim/zim/gui/pageview.py
2. go to line 2558 or find function do_key_press_event_readonly(self,event)
3. under line "if event.keyval in KEYVAL_SPACE:" and 3 lines below, add two more conditions, which is:
elif event.keyval==gtk.keysyms.F7:
self.emit('move-cursor', gtk.MOVEMENT_PAGES,1, False)
elif event.keyval==gtk.keysyms.F8:
self.emit('move-cursor', gtk.MOVEMENT_PAGES,-1, False)

The Following User Says Thank You to nkmm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
wondering if dev is still updating it. Desktop version of zim is already 0.56 and maemo version is still 0.52

Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
wondering if dev is still updating it. Desktop version of zim is already 0.56 and maemo version is still 0.52
In this post back a page or so maacruz tells the procedure for testing new versions, so if you have time and want something from the new version you might help test and prep it and make it that much easier on him.
Or perhaps maacruz will have time himself to update it like back when I asked for a newer version.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to computerinfo21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Since it actually does everything I need, I stopped following new releases. Also because new releases introduce new problems that then I have to find and fix. But if you find any important new feature just let me know and I'll look into it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Since it actually does everything I need, I stopped following new releases. Also because new releases introduce new problems that then I have to find and fix. But if you find any important new feature just let me know and I'll look into it.
Thanks for the info. Agreed with your statement.

Also thanks a lot for porting such a wonderful app. This is one of the most have app for me. Only think I always wonder about this app is to be able to sync notes in between a laptop, a work computer and N900. Tried synching between laptop and computer using google drive seems to give troubles.

Have you been using any software to sync notes between two hardware software successfully? Please let me know if you are.

Thanks for the info. Agreed with your statement.

Also thanks a lot for porting such a wonderful app. This is one of the most have app for me. Only think I always wonder about this app is to be able to sync notes in between a laptop, a work computer and N900. Tried synching between laptop and computer using google drive seems to give troubles.

Have you been using any software to sync notes between two hardware software successfully? Please let me know if you are.
I use Unison for syncing between laptop, work desktop, home desktop, and n900. Works very well.
But all are linux so can use ssh to make the connection and sync, not sure about Windows. It always seemed to make things harder so I quit using it and went linux only, might not be an option for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to computerinfo21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
Hi! "Calendar" and "Insert date" doesn't work properly.
Can i fix it somehow?
Calendar:

Insert date:

Code:
This is zim 0.52
Python version is (2, 5, 4, 'final', 0)
Gtk version is (2, 14, 7)
Pygtk version is (2, 12, 1)
Platform is posix
Zim revision is:
  branch: pyzim-trunk
  revision: 391 pardus@cpan.org-20110428180907-hls8utfz1nege9ji
  date: 2011-04-28 20:09:07 +0200

======= Traceback =======
  File "/home/builder2/maemo-fremantle-i386-extras-devel/work/zim-0.52/debian/zim/usr/lib/zim/zim/gui/widgets.py", line 1912, in do_response
  File "/home/builder2/maemo-fremantle-i386-extras-devel/work/zim-0.52/debian/zim/usr/lib/zim/zim/gui/pageview.py", line 4282, in do_response_ok
TypeError: could not parse subscript as a tree path