Apologies if this is a bit of a dumb question but I have NEVER used linux before and have been reading up a lot about it due to getting an N900 but I need some help. I have managed to install emelFM2 but I am now stuck on installing dosbox. I would really appreciate hints/tips or even a step-by-step walkthrough to help me install it.

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by PCJ View Post
Apologies if this is a bit of a dumb question but I have NEVER used linux before and have been reading up a lot about it due to getting an N900 but I need some help. I have managed to install emelFM2 but I am now stuck on installing dosbox. I would really appreciate hints/tips or even a step-by-step walkthrough to help me install it.
Please elaborate on why you couldn't install dosbox?

basically you should do this:
- Enable extras-devel (instructions here, read the warning)
- Then Dosbox should be in the application list (under 'games' if I'm not mistaken)

So close yet so far.....

"could not extract drive geometry from image"

Any clues as to what thats all about?

Sorted that, now its unable to boot from image

i got the dosbox working but wher can i get the w95.img file? thanks in advance

hi all, i downloaded windows 98 iso, converted it to .img with UltraISO, did everything like 1st post said, but I get an error when running DosBox - "Could not extract drive geometry from image". Does any1 know how to fix this?
P.S when converted .iso to .img another file was created - *.sub file.

Hi

I use trading platform which support only windows mobile, any idea if i can install Windows mobil on my n900, i read posts about installing windows 95 on the n900 but they say its useless as it take ages to run, any help would be very appreciated.

thanks
Yousef

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Buy a windows mobile device!! WM is an absolute pos.

well thanks for ur replay but wat i am asking for, is there any app or anything that would allow me to install my trading platform on n900, so i can carry only 1 mobile not 2,,, as n900 is the only mobile i switched to from the iphone,
thanks again

finally got it working with uber small windows image which i DL'ed somewhere. it's only 30 MB.

I've got only 1 question - how to add additional files there? I want to put ElastoMania in there(it's a cool game), doesnt require mouse to play. where do i put it?
Any1 can suggest with what to convert ISO to IMG?

Last edited by dawchiks; 2010-03-07 at 15:19.

Tags
nokia n900, windows 95