Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
Originally Posted by mykenyc View Post
im buying it without subsidy as your remember when the mytouch was released tmobile specifically said it will be there star phone "for the year" so i can see this being released next year which i cannot wait for, im to impatient and money comes/goes. Plus i spend probably 200 dollars on McDonalds a month alone lol (no im not fat which is the odd part)
I agree ... all except the McDonalds part lol ... I'm on T-Mobile, but I am already locked in for 2 years because of the G1 and it doesn't appear that T-Mobile will be picking this up quickly for fear of taking away MyTouch 3G sales, which is a shame.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
AND.. the 3G only work with T-Mobile, doesn't it?
From what I see it supports the ATT 850MHz channel. So it should work with ATT 3G. Heck I'm even willing to test it out in the store when it comes out.

Never mind. Was reading the wrong part

Last edited by sondjata; 2009-09-04 at 18:09. Reason: I can't read. lol

I have also pre-ordered mine. Along with the free bluetooth and shipping they offered me a second year of warranty for $20, which I bought. Did everyone else get the extended warranty?

Originally Posted by jandmdickerson View Post
I have also pre-ordered mine. Along with the free bluetooth and shipping they offered me a second year of warranty for $20, which I bought. Did everyone else get the extended warranty?
I didn't get the extended warranty. In my experience, if an electronic device is going to die it is typically a case of infant mortality within the first week or 2 of being used and having full charge cycles. AFAIK the extended warranty doesn't protect against user stupidity (eg dropping onto concrete, taking it swimming, etc), thus the most likely causes of failure after the 1st year aren't even covered by the warranty. If it were "insurance" it would be a different story, of course... JMHO, YMMV, etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to texaslabrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted by texaslabrat View Post
I didn't get the extended warranty. In my experience, if an electronic device is going to die it is typically a case of infant mortality within the first week or 2 of being used and having full charge cycles. AFAIK the extended warranty doesn't protect against user stupidity (eg dropping onto concrete, taking it swimming, etc), thus the most likely causes of failure after the 1st year aren't even covered by the warranty. If it were "insurance" it would be a different story, of course... JMHO, YMMV, etc.
Not the case with my N95-3. First one died near the end of its one year warranty. Cellular radio was flaking out and Nokia first blamed AT&T, but Nokia eventually replaced it. One year with the new phone and the cellular radio appears to be crapping out again. Time to use the credit card warranty extension provision.

I think I might opt for the $20 warranty when I buy the N900.

Originally Posted by mjc View Post
Not the case with my N95-3. First one died near the end of its one year warranty. Cellular radio was flaking out and Nokia first blamed AT&T, but Nokia eventually replaced it. One year with the new phone and the cellular radio appears to be crapping out again. Time to use the credit card warranty extension provision.

I think I might opt for the $20 warranty when I buy the N900.
It sounds like there's a reliability issue with Nokia's radio there..

Originally Posted by hfm View Post
It sounds like there's a reliability issue with Nokia's radio there..
Or just incredibly bad luck. My N95-3 is still running strong with zero issues

VERY tempted to get this pre-order. Was going to wait until Tmob picked it up, but I have some serious doubts it will be picked up before 2010.

Have to think on it.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Don't believe carriers that say "this is our star phone". That's just like Nokia saying the N97 will be the flagship. Yeah, for 5 minutes.

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by mykenyc View Post
im buying it without subsidy as your remember when the mytouch was released tmobile specifically said it will be there star phone "for the year" so i can see this being released next year which i cannot wait for, im to impatient and money comes/goes. Plus i spend probably 200 dollars on McDonalds a month alone lol (no im not fat which is the odd part)
Why are you spending money on wifi? I go all over the place and find FREE wifi (Burger King, Panera, Friendly's, etc. even the city of Hartford has a free city wifi downtown).

Last edited by danramos; 2009-09-04 at 20:10.