Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Warning this may offend some in the community just readed this I dont say I my conclusions are facts. If people read this as statements from nokia your seriuosly needs help.

This is just my thoughts about how the meego UI seems to progress inside nokia.

No one here knows when/how or even if any meego HW will be released.

(Btw my english sucks i know

So lets start:

http://www.allaboutmeego.com/news/it...LeWeb_2010.php

to me this really sounds like

1. not at all sure we will see any meego device first half of 2011. "its comes when its ready"

2. The Nokia UI is faaar diferent from meego reference UI and far different from maemo 5

3. maybe could be a reason why E7 release has moved too Q1 2011. Cause they have too atleast have one hi/midenf phone released in Q1...

4 the rumored pictures of n9 is false there will not be a qwerty/hardware keyboard

5 nokia meego core UI will be more closed than maemo3/4/5

however I still hope on it. and that they still make it possible for geeks to tweek with ui and soo on...

so even if I sound like trolling orl whining its just my thoughts

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2010-12-15 at 20:14.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
how you came to any of these conclusions based on that is beyond me. sounds like you are more interested in spreading FUD than the truth.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
sounds like you got it right at 2. The other stuff is not mentioned in the article...

But 1. might be true and hopefully not! I got a feeling that it wont come before the meego 1.2 update, but who knows! I both hope that they switch to real meego and that they still use maemo as it will release sooner.

On 4. I hope they release both with and without keyboard. I like using a real keyboard but as most people hate them... Meego needs to be a success and can by that not make it nerd-specific only. On the other hand this forum is important (I guess) for maemo (and meego) so they can not disclude us either.

But I want to take time and thank Nokia for making us all so confused

The Following User Says Thank You to Lullen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shanghai, China
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
1. not at all sure we will see any meego device first half of 2011. "its comes when its ready"
Yes. Maybe another delay.
Nokia is toooooooo... slow...

2. The Nokia UI is faaar diferent from meego reference UI and far different from maemo 5
Far different from MeeGo reference UI - Yes
Far different from Maemo 5 - Maybe, Probaberly

3. maybe could be a reason why E7 release has moved too Q1 2011. Cause they have too atleast have one hi/midenf phone released in Q1...
Good guess...

4 the rumored pictures of n9 is false there will not be a qwerty/hardware keyboard
As the info I got several month ago,
There will be 2 devices using MeeGo,
One is Dali, with QWERTY keyboard, the leaked one.
Another is Larkku, without keyboard, look like a soap.
But things changes, so not sure Nokia's plan now.

5 nokia meego core UI will be more closed than maemo3/4/5
Closed just mean less bugs ? That is not a problem.
I think Maemo 5 is just OK when released.
The key point is more apps & developers.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Really dude..

Another standalone thread for yet another flavor of fantasy speculations and not-quite-factual commentaries...?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
What this thread needs is a dash of Chuck Norris, a sprinkling of funny tags, and a bucket of popcorn.

My website

GitHub

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
Mary had a little lamb. Then Chuck Norris ate it.

"The Cake Is A Lie"

The Following User Says Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I said to a group of Nokia guys all standing around using N900s at the Meego Conference, "Boy, you guys must be frustrated, back using N900s when you've had all the cool toys to play with at the office!"
"Well," came the instant response, "At least the N900 works."

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
for those saying i spreading "fud or fantasies" did you read the article?

if you did you probadly had seen how he talked about 'not having any physical buttons on a phone'. I dont say that is bad IF the UI has something new revolutionary replacing it. thats one of the reason I did say hw keyboard maybe not will come on meego. Too me hes talk sound very intresting cause that means the UI will hopefully be alot better than meego reference design :-)

also the fact that he said 'it comes when its ready. what I meant with my coment was we cannot even be sure this will happen first half 2011. we can only still hope.

So dont say I am spreading fud, I just come to my own conclusion based on article . maybe wrong maybe correct. To me some of above is logical in a company perspective. Alot has changed internally since n900 was released:

* Maemo abandoned. replaced by meego
* Meego should replace symbian in n series. now we dont know anymore.
* Meego was focus now symbian seems be base os again
* Corba ui in symbian replaced by qtquick
* No symbian 4 just backport to S^3
* libmeegohandset UI replaced by qtquick
* nfc on all smartphones changed to not all smartphone.
* e7 moved to Q1 2011

How many here believed all above would happen in a year?

Too me that was more unlike a year ago than my so called fud...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2010-12-15 at 19:37.

you know something, IMO i think many people here have conflict of insterests, I would not be surprise if many of the people critising this type of thread work on mobile phones and threads like these are certain not good for business, hence why they seem very keen on closing down such threads very quick.

You now what, if you have no interest then do us all az favour and don't bother to comment, i'm sure it will die away if is not true.

Tags
banal drip, be true, chuck norris, fud fud fap fap, more fud, no no no, this can't